‘Modi`s portrayal as PM candidate will disband BJP, NDA`
Vadodara: Scoffing at Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi for his "disbanding of Congress party" slur, union minister Sachin Pilot today said the portrayal of Modi as the prime ministerial candidate spells doom for BJP and NDA.
"..Modi is on the way of disbanding BJP and NDA as he is dreaming of and projecting himself as the prime ministerial candidate," the Union Minister of State for Communications told PTI at Harni airport here before leaving for Anand for the second-phase of campaigning.
Taking a dig at Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi who had invoked teachings of Mahatma Gandhi in one of his election rallies yesterday, Modi had tweeted, "If Rahul baba is walking on Gandhiji`s path, why Bapu`s 1 wish incomplete to disband Congress after independence."
Dismissing Modi`s remark, Pilot said, "Congress is 125 year-old party having many young leaders and workers committed to its ideology."
The minister criticised Modi for not appointing Lokayukta in Gujarat.
"About 7,000 farmers have committed suicide in Gujarat and Modi has failed to provide power connections to several lakh farmers whose applications have been pending before the concerned authority," Pilot said, adding, the farmers are not even getting the assures power supply.
Punching holes in Modi`s development claims, the Congress leader said the chief minister only indulged in a false propaganda while ground reality is that about 65,000 to 70,000 small industrial units are closed down in the state rendering thousands of workers unemployed.
He said during Modi`s rule of eleven years the state`s debt has soared to whopping Rs 1,43,000 crore from Rs 24,000 crore.
"Not only that, the tax burden has also gone up to Rs 51,000 crore from Rs 7,000 crore in past 11 years that shows what sort of development has taken place in Gujarat," he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?