‘Modi`s portrayal as PM candidate will disband BJP, NDA`
Vadodara: Scoffing at Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi for his "disbanding of Congress party" slur, union minister Sachin Pilot today said the portrayal of Modi as the prime ministerial candidate spells doom for BJP and NDA.
"..Modi is on the way of disbanding BJP and NDA as he is dreaming of and projecting himself as the prime ministerial candidate," the Union Minister of State for Communications told PTI at Harni airport here before leaving for Anand for the second-phase of campaigning.
Taking a dig at Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi who had invoked teachings of Mahatma Gandhi in one of his election rallies yesterday, Modi had tweeted, "If Rahul baba is walking on Gandhiji`s path, why Bapu`s 1 wish incomplete to disband Congress after independence."
Dismissing Modi`s remark, Pilot said, "Congress is 125 year-old party having many young leaders and workers committed to its ideology."
The minister criticised Modi for not appointing Lokayukta in Gujarat.
"About 7,000 farmers have committed suicide in Gujarat and Modi has failed to provide power connections to several lakh farmers whose applications have been pending before the concerned authority," Pilot said, adding, the farmers are not even getting the assures power supply.
Punching holes in Modi`s development claims, the Congress leader said the chief minister only indulged in a false propaganda while ground reality is that about 65,000 to 70,000 small industrial units are closed down in the state rendering thousands of workers unemployed.
He said during Modi`s rule of eleven years the state`s debt has soared to whopping Rs 1,43,000 crore from Rs 24,000 crore.
"Not only that, the tax burden has also gone up to Rs 51,000 crore from Rs 7,000 crore in past 11 years that shows what sort of development has taken place in Gujarat," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Saradha scam: ED summons P Chidambaram's wife Nalini
- Half the town is gone, says Amatrice mayor as 6.2-magnitude earthquake strikes central Italy; toll rises to 14
- Katrina Kaif and Varun Dhawan to go dancing in 'ABCD 3'?
- Gadkari to meet FM Jaitley today for vehicle scrapping policy
- Hot scoop! THIS actress has replaced Alia Bhatt in Rohit Shetty's next?