Modi`s `puppy` remarks `uncivilised`: Narayanasamy
Puducherry: Slamming Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s "puppy" remarks as "uncivilised", Union Minister V Narayanasamy on Sunday said he lacked in proper calibre.
"The analogy Modi had drawn while commenting on the 2002 Gujarat riots shows that he is an uncivilised political leader... He had only exposed the fact that he lacked in proper caliber," the Minister of State in PMO told reporters here.
Pointing out that all opposition parties had condemned the Modi`s remarks, Narayanasamy said the BJP was, however, maintaining silence on the controversial remarks.
He also accused Modi of making "substandard" comments and criticisms against the CBI in the context of probe into Godhra riots contrary to a Supreme Court directive against such comments.
Describing the Food Security scheme as a historic measure by the UPA Government, he said steps were being taken to ensure that the relevant bill was adopted in the upcoming monsoon session of Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video