Modi`s rise represents `unalloyed communal agenda`: CPI(M)
New Delhi: Taking potshots at BJP over the recent developments within that party, the CPI(M) on Thursday said Narendra Modi`s rise represented an "unalloyed communal agenda" combined with advocacy of corporate and big business interests.
The resignation of LK Advani and his subsequent retreat had brought out "conflicts and contradictions into the open", within RSS, BJP as well as NDA, it said.
"The progenitor of the Hindutva`s political agenda is at odds with the upstart who seeks to usurp the former`s position," senior CPI(M) leader Sitaram Yechury said in an editorial in the latest issue of party organ `People`s Democracy`.
"There is the conflict between the RSS and its swayamsewak par excellence that Advani personified till 2005. There is also the contradiction within the NDA -- between the BJP and the JD(U) -- on the question of Modi."
"If the JD(U) finally quits the NDA, it will become an alliance of three parties which share a common communal outlook -- the BJP, the Shiv Sena and the Akali Dal," he said.
Yechury said, "The rise of Modi as the leader for the election battle also symbolises what the BJP stands for today -- an unalloyed communal agenda combined with advocacy of corporate and big business interests."
Maintaining that Modi "presided over the worst pogrom against Muslims in independent India", he said since then, he has become "the darling of big business by putting his government at their service."
All major big business houses -- Ambani brothers, Tatas, Birlas, Adani and Essar -- have "profited immensely in Gujarat where land and other resources of the state has been placed at their disposal", Yechury said.
"Modi, thus, represents a mix of virulent Hindutva and big business interests which is the recipe for the rightwing authoritarianism known as the Gujarat model of development," he said.
He observed that despite Advani`s protest, "the BJP is set on a course of transition of leadership."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!