Modi`s statement just drama: Congress
Bangalore: Congress Saturday dismissed as
"drama" Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s attack on the Centre
over CBI`s plea for seeking transfer of the Sohrabuddin fake
encounter case from Gujarat.
"Did not Modi feel insulted when the Supreme Court ordered
transfer of hundreds of cases relating to Godhra violence to
Maharashtra?" Congress spokesman Abhishek Singhvi asked at a
press conference here.
Defending CBI`s plea before the Supreme Court for
transfer, he said, "It is a total vote of no confidence in the
prosecuting agency of Gujarat government. Now he is talking of
insult to Gujarat judiciary."
Singhvi said, "Modi is known for grand standing. It is
nothing but sensationalisation and drama baji," adding "the
biggest insult was heaped on people of Gujarat when hundreds
of cases over Godhra riots were transferred to Maharashtra."
He charged Modi with practicing the "law of pressure
with an intent to derail investigation" in the case, which was
handed over to CBI by the Supreme Court after three years of trial
Despite pleas by Gujarat police not to transfer the
case to CBI, the apex court observed that the Gujarat
government misled it and prosecution was not objective, he
Singhvi also lashed out at BJP leaders for accusing
the Centre of misusing CBI saying "The BJP is saying it six
months after the case was transferred to CBI. The BJP is
practising politics of opportunism and committing contempt of
Slamming the Centre and the CBI, Modi had said the
agency`s transfer plea was an insult to the judicial system of
Gujarat. He had also asked the Centre whether it considered
Gujarat as a part of "enemy country".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?