MoH mole Ravi Inder in police custody for six days
New Delhi: IAS officer Ravi Inder Singh,
posted as a director in the Union Home Ministry, was remanded
in police custody for six days by a Delhi court on Wednesday for
allegedly leaking sensitive information for personal gains.
Special Judge Sangeeta Dhingra Sehgal also sent his
co-accused and Kolkota-based businessman Vineet Kumar, who
was allegedly acting as a broker on behalf of Singh, to six
days police custody.
Seeking the remand of Singh, a 1994 batch officer, the
Delhi Police said in the court that evidence has been
collected against the IAS officer.
The police told the court that around 12,000 telephone
conversations of Singh had been intercepted by it. The IAS
officer, they said, was using three mobile numbers which he
had procured on the basis of fictitious identity.
They also said that Singh did not stay in his official
quarter and, instead, he was residing in a guest house in posh
The rent of Rs 50,000 per month for the guest house
was being paid by a company, Temptation Food Pvt Ltd, which
was managed by Vineet, police alleged.
The police claimed that Singh, a director in the
internal security division of the ministry, had leaked
information pertaining to a US-based telecom company,
Telcordia for illegal gratification.
Singh was arrested last night on charges of conspiracy
and under provisions of the Prevention of Corruption Act. He
was arrested after the police interrogated him on allegations
of misuse of his official position.
Singh was under surveillance of Delhi Police`s Special
Cell for more than a month. Initially, he was detained by the
police and searches were carried out at his office and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan