MoH mole Ravi Inder in police custody for six days
New Delhi: IAS officer Ravi Inder Singh,
posted as a director in the Union Home Ministry, was remanded
in police custody for six days by a Delhi court on Wednesday for
allegedly leaking sensitive information for personal gains.
Special Judge Sangeeta Dhingra Sehgal also sent his
co-accused and Kolkota-based businessman Vineet Kumar, who
was allegedly acting as a broker on behalf of Singh, to six
days police custody.
Seeking the remand of Singh, a 1994 batch officer, the
Delhi Police said in the court that evidence has been
collected against the IAS officer.
The police told the court that around 12,000 telephone
conversations of Singh had been intercepted by it. The IAS
officer, they said, was using three mobile numbers which he
had procured on the basis of fictitious identity.
They also said that Singh did not stay in his official
quarter and, instead, he was residing in a guest house in posh
The rent of Rs 50,000 per month for the guest house
was being paid by a company, Temptation Food Pvt Ltd, which
was managed by Vineet, police alleged.
The police claimed that Singh, a director in the
internal security division of the ministry, had leaked
information pertaining to a US-based telecom company,
Telcordia for illegal gratification.
Singh was arrested last night on charges of conspiracy
and under provisions of the Prevention of Corruption Act. He
was arrested after the police interrogated him on allegations
of misuse of his official position.
Singh was under surveillance of Delhi Police`s Special
Cell for more than a month. Initially, he was detained by the
police and searches were carried out at his office and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption