Mohan Parasaran to be elevated as Solicitor General
New Delhi: Additional Solicitor General Mohan Parasaran is all set to be appointed as the new Solicitor General (SG) of India following the resignation of senior advocate Rohinton Nariman from the post earlier this week.
"I have given my consent for the post of SG," he told PTI. "Formal notification is yet to be out," he said.
It is understood that the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) is yet to meet and clear the move.
Parasaran, a senior advocate of the Supreme Court and son of former Attorney General K Parasaran, was appointed as ASG by the first UPA government in July 2004. He continued in office in UPA II.
When asked about his priority as the second senior most law officer, Parasaran, said "We have to be responsive to the present needs of the society."
He said matters relating to public interest would be his priority.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars