Mohan Parasaran to be elevated as Solicitor General
New Delhi: Additional Solicitor General Mohan Parasaran is all set to be appointed as the new Solicitor General (SG) of India following the resignation of senior advocate Rohinton Nariman from the post earlier this week.
"I have given my consent for the post of SG," he told PTI. "Formal notification is yet to be out," he said.
It is understood that the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) is yet to meet and clear the move.
Parasaran, a senior advocate of the Supreme Court and son of former Attorney General K Parasaran, was appointed as ASG by the first UPA government in July 2004. He continued in office in UPA II.
When asked about his priority as the second senior most law officer, Parasaran, said "We have to be responsive to the present needs of the society."
He said matters relating to public interest would be his priority.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive