Mohan Parasaran to be elevated as Solicitor General
New Delhi: Additional Solicitor General Mohan Parasaran is all set to be appointed as the new Solicitor General (SG) of India following the resignation of senior advocate Rohinton Nariman from the post earlier this week.
"I have given my consent for the post of SG," he told PTI. "Formal notification is yet to be out," he said.
It is understood that the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) is yet to meet and clear the move.
Parasaran, a senior advocate of the Supreme Court and son of former Attorney General K Parasaran, was appointed as ASG by the first UPA government in July 2004. He continued in office in UPA II.
When asked about his priority as the second senior most law officer, Parasaran, said "We have to be responsive to the present needs of the society."
He said matters relating to public interest would be his priority.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Cuteness alert! Insanely adorable pictures of 'Ye Hai Mohabbatein' fame Ruhaanika Dhawan
- Mother Sofia Hayat displays her singing talent - Watch video
- Mercedes, GE among 'Make in India' investors
- 1st Test, Day 1: Steve Smith-led Australia in driver's seat after bowling out Sri Lanka for 117
- 'Kabali' Rajinikanth follows just one politician on Twitter; he is PM Narendra Modi