Mohan Parasaran to be elevated as Solicitor General
New Delhi: Additional Solicitor General Mohan Parasaran is all set to be appointed as the new Solicitor General (SG) of India following the resignation of senior advocate Rohinton Nariman from the post earlier this week.
"I have given my consent for the post of SG," he told PTI. "Formal notification is yet to be out," he said.
It is understood that the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) is yet to meet and clear the move.
Parasaran, a senior advocate of the Supreme Court and son of former Attorney General K Parasaran, was appointed as ASG by the first UPA government in July 2004. He continued in office in UPA II.
When asked about his priority as the second senior most law officer, Parasaran, said "We have to be responsive to the present needs of the society."
He said matters relating to public interest would be his priority.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok