Moily, CJI tightlipped on Dinakaran row
New Delhi: Law Minister M Veerappa Moily and Chief Justice of India K G Balakrishnan on Sunday refused to comment on the reported findings of the Survey of India that family of Karnataka High Court Chief Justice P D Dinakaran had
grabbed land in Tamil Nadu.
"I do not wish to comment as this issue is not meant to be discussed in public," Moily told a news agency when asked whether he has submitted the findings to the CJI as reported in a section of the media.
The media report had earlier claimed that the Survey of India had confirmed the allegation that Justice Dinakaran`s family had grabbed several acres of land in Tirttanti taluk of Tamil Nadu`s Tirruvalur district. It said that the Law Minister had handed over the inquiry report to the CJI.
"I have no idea about it. I have nothing to comment about it," Justice Balakrishnan said while refusing to be drawn into any discussion on the issue.
Though the District Collector had earlier given a report that the land has been grabbed by the judge`s family, the CJI had entrusted the job of further verifying the allegations by referring the matter to Survey of India to conduct another inquiry into the charges.
The elevation of Justice Dinakaran to the Supreme Court was earlier kept on hold following allegations against him and his family members even as the Rajya Sabha took up impeachment proceedings against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY