Moily slams oppn over demand for PC`s resignation
New Delhi: Corporate Affairs Minister M Veerappa Moily on Friday hit out at the opposition for demanding Home Minister P Chidambaram`s ouster, saying if the government kept giving resignations on demand the country would become a banana republic.
"Just because the opposition asks for resignations, if we go on giving resignations, I think the country will become a banana republic," Moily said on the sidelines of a function here.
Moily`s comment came after both the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and the Left demanded Chidambaram`s resignation following a note revealing that the former finance minister had knowledge of irregularities in the allotment of 2G spectrum.
Moily said the opposition was targeting the government whenever "any report comes, or something comes in CWG, or something comes in the Supreme Court because they don`t have any other political capital.
"We are responsible to the people, to parliament and people have elected the UPA led by the Congress party and we will definitely complete the term," he said.
The minister also said the opposition should `research` how they should discharge their duty.
"I think they must do some research on that and find out what is plausible and what kind of duty they shall discharge as opposition," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader