Molestation case: Lookout notice against Ex-Haryana IG
Yamunagar: A local court on Wednesday dismissed the anticipatory bail plea of former Haryana Inspector General of Police M S Ahlawat, who is facing charges of molesting a woman lawyer eight years back and police have issued a lookout notice against him, saying that Ahlawat has been evading arrest and not cooperating with the investigators.
District and Sessions Judge R C Godhara dismissed the anticipatory bail plea of the former IPS officer here this afternoon.
Though Ahlawat was not present in the court when the bail plea was rejected, his lawyers I K Gujral and Umresh Gandhi besides the complainant lawyer were present.
The lawyer had last week lodged a complaint with the police, charging Ahlawat with sexually harassing her when he was the Yamunanagar SP in 2002.
She claimed to have come into Ahlawat`s contact when she had approached the Yamunanagar police in May 2002 to lodge a case of dowry harassment against her husband. The victim alleged that the officer had insisted on meeting her in his camp office and allegedly tried to establish illicit relations with her.
The anticipatory bail application was moved by Ahlawat`s lawyer on June 10 before the court, in which the former IGP has pleaded that Section 506 (criminal intimidation) of the IPC does not apply to his case.
Another plea by Ahlawat in seeking the anticipatory bail was that the victim had not moved any court all these years against him.
Ahlawat has been booked under sections 354 (criminal force on woman with intent to outrage modesty), 323 (assault with intent to voluntarily cause hurt) and 506 (criminal intimidation) of the IPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users