Molestation case: Lookout notice against Ex-Haryana IG
Yamunagar: A local court on Wednesday dismissed the anticipatory bail plea of former Haryana Inspector General of Police M S Ahlawat, who is facing charges of molesting a woman lawyer eight years back and police have issued a lookout notice against him, saying that Ahlawat has been evading arrest and not cooperating with the investigators.
District and Sessions Judge R C Godhara dismissed the anticipatory bail plea of the former IPS officer here this afternoon.
Though Ahlawat was not present in the court when the bail plea was rejected, his lawyers I K Gujral and Umresh Gandhi besides the complainant lawyer were present.
The lawyer had last week lodged a complaint with the police, charging Ahlawat with sexually harassing her when he was the Yamunanagar SP in 2002.
She claimed to have come into Ahlawat`s contact when she had approached the Yamunanagar police in May 2002 to lodge a case of dowry harassment against her husband. The victim alleged that the officer had insisted on meeting her in his camp office and allegedly tried to establish illicit relations with her.
The anticipatory bail application was moved by Ahlawat`s lawyer on June 10 before the court, in which the former IGP has pleaded that Section 506 (criminal intimidation) of the IPC does not apply to his case.
Another plea by Ahlawat in seeking the anticipatory bail was that the victim had not moved any court all these years against him.
Ahlawat has been booked under sections 354 (criminal force on woman with intent to outrage modesty), 323 (assault with intent to voluntarily cause hurt) and 506 (criminal intimidation) of the IPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi