Molester cop Rathore stabbed outside court
Chandigarh: Former DGP SPS Rathore was on Monday attacked by a youth with a knife and repeatedly punched in the face outside the district court here hearing his appeal in the Ruchika molestation case.
68-year-old Rathore was left bleeding after the youth,
who was taking his pictures as he came out of the court, hit
him repeatedly on the left cheek.
Rathore covered the wound with a handkerchief before
boarding his car. The youth was nabbed by security personnel
in the midst of commotion outside the court following the
The youth was trying to click pictures of Rathore
even as other media persons were waiting to talk with the
former DGP and others after the court proceedings which were
The youth then took out the knife and attacked Rathore
on his face and in the arm.
The youth has been taken to the nearby Sector 17
Meanwhile, after getting medical aid Rathore came back to court for the hearing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list