Molester cop Rathore stabbed outside court
Chandigarh: Former DGP SPS Rathore was on Monday attacked by a youth with a knife and repeatedly punched in the face outside the district court here hearing his appeal in the Ruchika molestation case.
68-year-old Rathore was left bleeding after the youth,
who was taking his pictures as he came out of the court, hit
him repeatedly on the left cheek.
Rathore covered the wound with a handkerchief before
boarding his car. The youth was nabbed by security personnel
in the midst of commotion outside the court following the
The youth was trying to click pictures of Rathore
even as other media persons were waiting to talk with the
former DGP and others after the court proceedings which were
The youth then took out the knife and attacked Rathore
on his face and in the arm.
The youth has been taken to the nearby Sector 17
Meanwhile, after getting medical aid Rathore came back to court for the hearing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Quota stir in Gujarat phase-II: Hardik Patel's PAAS to begin 'lollipop Mahotsav' protest from today
- Real Estate Act, designed to protect consumer interest, comes into force from today
- What an idea! Here's why NCP workers in Maharashtra danced in 'Nagin' style - Watch video
- John Kerry to travel to Geneva on Sunday in show of support for Syria ceasefire: US
- Istanbul braces for police lockdown on May Day