Molly, wife of milkman Verghese Kurien, dead
Mumbai: Molly Kurien, wife of milkman late Verghese Kurien, passed away here late Friday night, Amul said in an official communication on Saturday. She was 81.
She is survived by daughter Nirmala and grandson Sidhartha.
The cremation is likely to take place on Saturday evening.
In spite of belonging to the Syrian Christian community, which traditionally buries the dead, sources close to the family said that like her husband, she would be cremated.
On September 09, Verghese Kurien, who brought the `milk revolution` to the country, died in a hospital in Nadiad following prolonged illness at the age of 91.
Kurien had served as head of both National Dairy Development Board and the Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation for many decades and was the architect of the White Revolution of the 1970s which catapulted India as among the top milk producers in the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- My mother is like Indrani Mukerjea, she likes having sex with many men: Delhi school boy
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'