Molly, wife of milkman Verghese Kurien, dead
Mumbai: Molly Kurien, wife of milkman late Verghese Kurien, passed away here late Friday night, Amul said in an official communication on Saturday. She was 81.
She is survived by daughter Nirmala and grandson Sidhartha.
The cremation is likely to take place on Saturday evening.
In spite of belonging to the Syrian Christian community, which traditionally buries the dead, sources close to the family said that like her husband, she would be cremated.
On September 09, Verghese Kurien, who brought the `milk revolution` to the country, died in a hospital in Nadiad following prolonged illness at the age of 91.
Kurien had served as head of both National Dairy Development Board and the Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation for many decades and was the architect of the White Revolution of the 1970s which catapulted India as among the top milk producers in the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack