Molly, wife of milkman Verghese Kurien, dead
Mumbai: Molly Kurien, wife of milkman late Verghese Kurien, passed away here late Friday night, Amul said in an official communication on Saturday. She was 81.
She is survived by daughter Nirmala and grandson Sidhartha.
The cremation is likely to take place on Saturday evening.
In spite of belonging to the Syrian Christian community, which traditionally buries the dead, sources close to the family said that like her husband, she would be cremated.
On September 09, Verghese Kurien, who brought the `milk revolution` to the country, died in a hospital in Nadiad following prolonged illness at the age of 91.
Kurien had served as head of both National Dairy Development Board and the Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation for many decades and was the architect of the White Revolution of the 1970s which catapulted India as among the top milk producers in the world.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- A good beginning: Govt on meet between PM Modi, Sonia over GST Bill