Money laundering case: SC grants bail to Koda in one case
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Friday granted bail to former Jharkhand chief minister Madhu Koda in a money laundering case. Koda, who is at present jailed in Ranchi, will remain behind bars as there are two more cases against him.
The Supreme Court had recently granted 45 days to the Enforcement Directorate (ED) to complete its probe against Koda for his alleged role in a money laundering case.
Recently, a close associate of Koda - Anil Bastawade - was brought back to Delhi from Indonesia by Indian agencies after the fugitive businessman was detained there following an Interpol notice against him for alleged money laundering charges.
With inputs from PTI
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next