Money laundering: More trouble for Lilawati Hosp
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Wednesday issued
notices to the Centre and RBI on a petition seeking probe
into the alleged money laundering by the trustees of Mumbai`s
A bench comprising Justices B Sudershan Reddy and SS
Nijjar also sought response from the Ministry of Corporate
Affairs, Enforcement Directorate, Central Board of Direct
Taxes and SEBI on a plea seeking investigation by appropriate
agencies into the alleged tax evasion and money laundering by
the trustees of the Lilawati Hospital.
The petition filed by Delhi resident Harsh Raghuvanshi
has sought investigation into the alleged siphoning of funds
by the trustees Prabodh Mehta, Rashmi Mehta, Chetan Mehta and
Senior advocate Ram Jethmalani appearing for
Raghuvanshi submitted that the notice should be issued and all
the respondents should be called upon to disclose all facts
which have come to their knowledge and steps taken by them
against the trustees.
The bench tagged the petition with that of a petition
filed by Ram Jethmalani and others in which direction has been
sought for bringing back the black money stashed by Indians in
In the present petition also it has been alleged that
the Mehtas have siphoned out money from the hospital and
through the hawala route it has been deposited in banks abroad
It has been alleged that the money has been deposited
in Liechtenstein Bank.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- When MP CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan got 'lift' from cops during visit to flood-hit areas; image goes viral - Pic inside
- Monsoon session of UP assembly from today; GST Bill likely to be ratified
- Rio Olympics 2016: Sachin Tendulkar all set to gift a swanky BMW to PV Sindhu for scripting history
- Four-day Delhi Assembly session to ratify GST Bill starts today
- Here's what kept Abhay Deol away from silver screen for two years!