Money laundering: More trouble for Lilawati Hosp
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Wednesday issued
notices to the Centre and RBI on a petition seeking probe
into the alleged money laundering by the trustees of Mumbai`s
A bench comprising Justices B Sudershan Reddy and SS
Nijjar also sought response from the Ministry of Corporate
Affairs, Enforcement Directorate, Central Board of Direct
Taxes and SEBI on a plea seeking investigation by appropriate
agencies into the alleged tax evasion and money laundering by
the trustees of the Lilawati Hospital.
The petition filed by Delhi resident Harsh Raghuvanshi
has sought investigation into the alleged siphoning of funds
by the trustees Prabodh Mehta, Rashmi Mehta, Chetan Mehta and
Senior advocate Ram Jethmalani appearing for
Raghuvanshi submitted that the notice should be issued and all
the respondents should be called upon to disclose all facts
which have come to their knowledge and steps taken by them
against the trustees.
The bench tagged the petition with that of a petition
filed by Ram Jethmalani and others in which direction has been
sought for bringing back the black money stashed by Indians in
In the present petition also it has been alleged that
the Mehtas have siphoned out money from the hospital and
through the hawala route it has been deposited in banks abroad
It has been alleged that the money has been deposited
in Liechtenstein Bank.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?