Monsoon continues in north India
New Delhi: Several parts of north India received light to moderate monsoon showers although temperatures rose marginally and high humidity levels persisted in some places.
In Uttarakhand, the Kedarnath yatra was resumed after a fortnight today with the improvement in weather and road conditions.
Extremely sultry conditions persisted in Delhi as light rainfall was recorded in some parts of the city overnight.
Humidity levels were recorded between 56 and 89 per cent, causing extreme discomfort to people here.
According to the Met department, the Safdarjung observatory recorded traces of rainfall and Palam area received 44.1 mm rainfall up to 8.30 am today.
The maximum temperature rose by 1.6 notches from yesterday's high to 36.5 degrees Celsius, three notches above the normal, while the minimum settled at 26.6 degrees Celsius, a MeT official said.
The weather and the condition of roads in Uttarakhand are fine as of now and the Kedarnath yatra is being conducted smoothly, Rudraprayag DM Raghav Langar told PTI over phone.
Major rivers across the state have also begun showing receding trend.
Alaknanda in Rudraprayag district is flowing at 622.90 metres, which is well below the danger mark at 627 metres. Mandakini in the district is also flowing nearly four metres down the danger level.
Bhagirathi in Uttarkashi district is flowing more than two metres down the danger level but Ganga at Haridwar is still flowing close to the danger mark at 292.40 metres, the DMMC release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi