Monsoon enters Andhra, to advance further
Hyderabad: The Southwest Monsoon on Monday entered Andhra Pradesh and is likely to advance in the next two to three days, says the met office.
The Monsoon has set in over parts of Rayalaseema region, said the state`s disaster management department quoting the Indian Meteorological Department (IMD).
The Monsoon, which touched Kerala coast on Saturday, has arrived in Andhra Pradesh two days in advance.
Many places in Rayalaseema and some parts of Coastal Andhra Pradesh and
Telangana have been receiving rains since Sunday.
The IMD has forecast moderate to rather heavy rain or thundershowers at
many places over Coastal Andhra Pradesh and Rayalaseema and at a few
places over Telangana during the next 48 hours.
It has warned that heavy rain would occur at isolated places in the
districts of Chittoor, Anantapur, Kurnool and Kadapa of Rayalaseema and
Nellore, Prakasam, Guntur, Krishna, East and West Godavari of coastal Andhra Pradesh in the next 48 hours.
Officials said Tungabhadra river in Kurnool district was in spate due to heavy rains and in the upper reaches of Karnataka.
Five people were killed in thunderbolts in Guntur district in south
Coastal Andhra on Sunday. Four were injured in lightning near Hyderabad.
Several parts of the state received rains last week under the impact of
low pressure area over Bay of Bengal, providing relief from the intense
According to officials, 524 people died due to heat across the state since April 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video