Monsoon reaches Delhi, Punjab, Haryana, UP
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
New Delhi: The Southwest Monsoon knocked on the doors of the national capital on Thursday, bringing much-needed relief to Delhiites from hot and humid conditions.
Apart from Delhi, the Monsoon arrived in Haryana, Punjab and Uttar Pradesh as well.
The Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) confirmed the development, while also stating that Monsoon showers have been recorded in northern parts of Rajasthan as well.
The national capital had recorded pre-Monsoon thunder showers yesterday.
The Met department had predicted that rainfall activity would pick up after June recorded an overall 43 percent rain deficit, stoking fears of drought-like conditions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report