Monsoon remains active over North, rains kill 3 in Rajasthan
New Delhi: Monsoon remained active over most parts of North India on Tuesday and three persons, including two kids, were killed in a rain-related incident in Rajasthan`s Kota district.
A humid weather left people sweating in national capital Delhi despite a dip in the mercury, the Met department said.
The minimum and maximum temperature in the national capital remained below the season`s average but humidity level was as high as 95 per cent.
The maximum was recorded at 33.1 degree Celsius, while the minimum was 25.8 deg C, both one point below normal for this time of the year.
Heavy rains hit normal life in parts of Kota, Baran and Jhalawar districts of Rajasthan.
A man and his two minor children died in a house collapse in Itawa area of Kota last night, officials said.
River Parvati was flowing at full spate in Baran and Kota and many low lying areas were inundated with people stuck in their houses.
Atru recorded a maximum rainfall of 80 mm followed by Kishangarh 70 mm, the MeT officials said.
According to a Central Water Commission report, all major rivers in Uttar Pradesh remained in spate, with the Ganga flowing above the danger mark in Ballia.
Ken and Betwa were flowing above the danger level in Banda and Mohana (Jalaun). Similarly, Sharda river was flowing above the danger mark in Pallian Kalan.
Light to moderate rains lashed the state today, and Deoband in Saharanpur district received the maximum rainfall on 11 cm, a MeT report said.
Punjab also received light to moderate rains, with maximum temperatures in the region witnessing a slight decrease.
According to the MeT Department here, Chandigarh had received a rainfall of over 30 mm during the past 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof