Monsoon session of Parl likely from 1st week of Au
New Delhi: The monsoon session of Parliament is expected to start in the first week of August.
While no formal decision has been taken, the session could start on August 7, the day the Vice-President election is scheduled.
Parliament sources said the possibility of the session beginning on the day of the Vice-President election cannot be ruled out like it had happened in 2007 when the election was held on August 10.
With Pranab Mukherjee`s exit from the government, the Cabinet Committee on Parliamentary Affairs, which recommends the date of the session to the Prime Minister, is headless.
For this, the Prime Minister needs to reconstitute the panel or else preside it for the time being to facilitate a formal decision.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'