Monsoon Session of Parliament likely from August 8
New Delhi: The Monsoon Session of Parliament is likely to begin on August 8 and continue till September 7, Parliamentary Affairs Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal said on Wednesday.
"The government has recommended to the President to summon the Monsoon Session of Parliament from August 8 to September 7," Bansal told reporters here.
Earlier, there was talk of the Monsoon Session beginning in the second week of August as the Vice Presidential poll is scheduled on August 7.
As the Cabinet Committee on Parliamentary Affairs (CCPA) is yet to be constituted, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh took the decision to recommend to President Pratibha Patil to summon the Monsoon Session on August 8.
Accordingly, a communication has been sent to the President by the government.
Earlier, the CCPA was headed by the then Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee, who has since been named the Presidential candidate by the UPA.
As per procedure, the CCPA takes a decision on convening a session of Parliament and sends it to the Prime Minister for approval. The Prime Minister takes a decision based on the CCPA suggestions and asks the Parliamentary Affairs Minister to recommend to the President to summon the session of Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Congress' '27 saal, UP behaal' yatra reaches Amethi
- Centre trying to run Delhi indirectly, says Sisodia
- Rio Olympics fallout: OP Jaisha alleges official apathy, AFI refutes charge
- Wriddhiman Saha, Ravichandran Ashwin biggest positives in this series: Virat Kohli
- Can't yet verify if wedding bomber was child or linked to Islamic State: Turkish PM