Monsoon session washout: LS, RS adjourned sine die
New Delhi: As the deadlock between the UPA and BJP continues, both Houses of Parliament on Friday were adjourned sine die after disruptions on quota, coal and other issues.
Earlier, Lok Sabha as well as Rajya Sabha were adjourned till noon soon after meeting on the last day of the Monsoon Session on Friday. The opposition, led by the BJP, once again raised the issue of coal blocks allocation and the official auditor`s report on presumptive loss of Rs 1.86 lakh crore (USD 37 billion).
The Bharatiya Janata Party members trooped towards the podiums of the presiding officer raising slogans on coal blocks allocation and demanding the resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar adjourned the house minutes after it met. In the Rajya Sabha, Chairman Hamid Ansari adjourned the house after he read out a farewell message for Secretary-General VK Agnihotri, whose term comes to an end later this month.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly