Monsoon session washout: LS, RS adjourned sine die
New Delhi: As the deadlock between the UPA and BJP continues, both Houses of Parliament on Friday were adjourned sine die after disruptions on quota, coal and other issues.
Earlier, Lok Sabha as well as Rajya Sabha were adjourned till noon soon after meeting on the last day of the Monsoon Session on Friday. The opposition, led by the BJP, once again raised the issue of coal blocks allocation and the official auditor`s report on presumptive loss of Rs 1.86 lakh crore (USD 37 billion).
The Bharatiya Janata Party members trooped towards the podiums of the presiding officer raising slogans on coal blocks allocation and demanding the resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar adjourned the house minutes after it met. In the Rajya Sabha, Chairman Hamid Ansari adjourned the house after he read out a farewell message for Secretary-General VK Agnihotri, whose term comes to an end later this month.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling