Monsoon session washout: LS, RS adjourned sine die
New Delhi: As the deadlock between the UPA and BJP continues, both Houses of Parliament on Friday were adjourned sine die after disruptions on quota, coal and other issues.
Earlier, Lok Sabha as well as Rajya Sabha were adjourned till noon soon after meeting on the last day of the Monsoon Session on Friday. The opposition, led by the BJP, once again raised the issue of coal blocks allocation and the official auditor`s report on presumptive loss of Rs 1.86 lakh crore (USD 37 billion).
The Bharatiya Janata Party members trooped towards the podiums of the presiding officer raising slogans on coal blocks allocation and demanding the resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar adjourned the house minutes after it met. In the Rajya Sabha, Chairman Hamid Ansari adjourned the house after he read out a farewell message for Secretary-General VK Agnihotri, whose term comes to an end later this month.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!