Monsoon to arrive a week early in northwest India: Met department
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Northwest India will soon get respite from the sweltering heat wave as the monsoon is likely to arrive a week early, according to the latest forecast by the Met department.
While the date for the arrival of monsoon in Delhi was earlier forecast as June 29, it is now likely to reach the national capital by June 22. A fixed date will be clear by the end of this week, as per a news report.
The report states that the monsoon is progressing satisfactorily and is ahead of its schedule over west coast and is likely to reach northwest plains much earlier than June 29, a Met department official reportedly said.
Delhi is also likely to experience some regular showers now and high levels of humidity till the arrival of monsoon, as per the report.
On Tuesday, it was a cloudy morning in the capital with the minimum temperature settling at 29.2 degrees Celsius - a notch above the season`s average. The weather office has forecast rains later in the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog