Monsoon to gain strength, heavy rains this week
New Delhi: Monsoon rains are likely to hit the Western region and the peninsular plateau in the coming week.
Scientists have predicted continuous rainfall beginning from Wednesday till about June 20 in the Western Ghats and Peninsular region. This means Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh would enjoy the Monsoon rains in the coming days.
Weather scientists said that a typhoon in central Pacific region and a cyclone in the South Indian Ocean were responsible for delay in Monsoon rains. They were absorbing the Monsoon flow earlier but their termination has led to the formation of a strong Monsoon current.
With the disappearance of the cyclone near Madagascar in the South Indian Ocean, the main obstacle to the Monsoon has vanished, a weather scientist said.
The East Indian current across the Bay of Bengal has yet to build up which brings rain in North India, Bihar, Jharkhand and Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know how long Sonu Nigam sang on the streets for the ‘beggar’ video
- Know what Irrfan Khan has to say about Marathi blockbuster ‘Sairat’
- Louis van Gaal axed by Manchester United as Jose Mourinho waits in wings
- President Pranab Mukherjee sets off on 4-day visit to China today
- Will Mika Singh's guest appearance on 'The Kapil Sharma Show' cost him 'Comedy Nights LIVE'?