Monsoon to gain strength, heavy rains this week
New Delhi: Monsoon rains are likely to hit the Western region and the peninsular plateau in the coming week.
Scientists have predicted continuous rainfall beginning from Wednesday till about June 20 in the Western Ghats and Peninsular region. This means Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh would enjoy the Monsoon rains in the coming days.
Weather scientists said that a typhoon in central Pacific region and a cyclone in the South Indian Ocean were responsible for delay in Monsoon rains. They were absorbing the Monsoon flow earlier but their termination has led to the formation of a strong Monsoon current.
With the disappearance of the cyclone near Madagascar in the South Indian Ocean, the main obstacle to the Monsoon has vanished, a weather scientist said.
The East Indian current across the Bay of Bengal has yet to build up which brings rain in North India, Bihar, Jharkhand and Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Katrina Kaif’s views on ‘intolerance’ in the country - Here's what the actress said
- Irfan Pathan marries 21-year-old Safa Baig in low-key affair