Moon sighted, Eid-ul-Fitr to be celebrated Tuesday: Shahi Imam
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Eid-ul-Fitr, the celebration of the culmination of the holy month of Ramzan, will be celebrated tomorrow, Shahi Imam of Fatehpuri Masjid announced on Monday.
The month of Ramzan, which entails prayers, self-denial and selfless service to others, will culminate with the celebration of Eid-ul-Fitr on Tuesday.
The announcement came following a meeting of Qadeem Royat Hilal committee headed by Maulana Mufti Mohammed Mukkaram, Shahi Imam of Fatehpuri Masjid.
"The Eid moon has been sighted today. The Eid-ul-Fitr will be celebrated across the country tomorrow," Mukkaram said.
Another Muslim cleric Maulana KRF Mahali seconded this, and said, “The moon has been sighted and according to that Eid-ul-Fitr will be celebrated tomorrow.”
This festival strengthens our faith in oneness, compassion and tolerance and instills a sense of camaraderie and goodwill towards all," said Jung in his message.
Delhi`s Lt Governor Najeeb Jung too extended his warm greetings to the citizens of the National Capital on the occasion of Eid-ul-Fitr.
"May the Almighty grant his choicest blessings to all the citizens of our great Nation,” Jung said in his message.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state