Moon sighted, Eid-ul-Fitr to be celebrated Tuesday: Shahi Imam
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Eid-ul-Fitr, the celebration of the culmination of the holy month of Ramzan, will be celebrated tomorrow, Shahi Imam of Fatehpuri Masjid announced on Monday.
The month of Ramzan, which entails prayers, self-denial and selfless service to others, will culminate with the celebration of Eid-ul-Fitr on Tuesday.
The announcement came following a meeting of Qadeem Royat Hilal committee headed by Maulana Mufti Mohammed Mukkaram, Shahi Imam of Fatehpuri Masjid.
"The Eid moon has been sighted today. The Eid-ul-Fitr will be celebrated across the country tomorrow," Mukkaram said.
Another Muslim cleric Maulana KRF Mahali seconded this, and said, “The moon has been sighted and according to that Eid-ul-Fitr will be celebrated tomorrow.”
This festival strengthens our faith in oneness, compassion and tolerance and instills a sense of camaraderie and goodwill towards all," said Jung in his message.
Delhi`s Lt Governor Najeeb Jung too extended his warm greetings to the citizens of the National Capital on the occasion of Eid-ul-Fitr.
"May the Almighty grant his choicest blessings to all the citizens of our great Nation,” Jung said in his message.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen