Moon sighted, Eid-ul-Fitr to be celebrated Tuesday: Shahi Imam
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Eid-ul-Fitr, the celebration of the culmination of the holy month of Ramzan, will be celebrated tomorrow, Shahi Imam of Fatehpuri Masjid announced on Monday.
The month of Ramzan, which entails prayers, self-denial and selfless service to others, will culminate with the celebration of Eid-ul-Fitr on Tuesday.
The announcement came following a meeting of Qadeem Royat Hilal committee headed by Maulana Mufti Mohammed Mukkaram, Shahi Imam of Fatehpuri Masjid.
"The Eid moon has been sighted today. The Eid-ul-Fitr will be celebrated across the country tomorrow," Mukkaram said.
Another Muslim cleric Maulana KRF Mahali seconded this, and said, “The moon has been sighted and according to that Eid-ul-Fitr will be celebrated tomorrow.”
This festival strengthens our faith in oneness, compassion and tolerance and instills a sense of camaraderie and goodwill towards all," said Jung in his message.
Delhi`s Lt Governor Najeeb Jung too extended his warm greetings to the citizens of the National Capital on the occasion of Eid-ul-Fitr.
"May the Almighty grant his choicest blessings to all the citizens of our great Nation,” Jung said in his message.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- What Diljit Dosanjh said about 'Phillauri' co-star Anushka Sharma will melt your heart! - Read here
- DDA's next housing scheme could be completely online
- Now tune into popular FM radio stations on trains with Rail Radio Service
- MCI could be dead; new body may nurse medical education in India
- G20 nations warn of Brexit risk to global growth