Moon sighted, Eid-ul-Fitr to be celebrated Tuesday: Shahi Imam
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Eid-ul-Fitr, the celebration of the culmination of the holy month of Ramzan, will be celebrated tomorrow, Shahi Imam of Fatehpuri Masjid announced on Monday.
The month of Ramzan, which entails prayers, self-denial and selfless service to others, will culminate with the celebration of Eid-ul-Fitr on Tuesday.
The announcement came following a meeting of Qadeem Royat Hilal committee headed by Maulana Mufti Mohammed Mukkaram, Shahi Imam of Fatehpuri Masjid.
"The Eid moon has been sighted today. The Eid-ul-Fitr will be celebrated across the country tomorrow," Mukkaram said.
Another Muslim cleric Maulana KRF Mahali seconded this, and said, “The moon has been sighted and according to that Eid-ul-Fitr will be celebrated tomorrow.”
This festival strengthens our faith in oneness, compassion and tolerance and instills a sense of camaraderie and goodwill towards all," said Jung in his message.
Delhi`s Lt Governor Najeeb Jung too extended his warm greetings to the citizens of the National Capital on the occasion of Eid-ul-Fitr.
"May the Almighty grant his choicest blessings to all the citizens of our great Nation,” Jung said in his message.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Actress Leslie Jones' website hacked, nude photos posted
- Afghan forces hunt gunmen after American University attack
- Islamic State attacks Western-backed camp on Jordan-Syria border
- Italy quake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors
- Syria launched chemical attacks, IS used mustard gas: UN report