Moon sighted, Eid-ul-Fitr to be celebrated Tuesday: Shahi Imam
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Eid-ul-Fitr, the celebration of the culmination of the holy month of Ramzan, will be celebrated tomorrow, Shahi Imam of Fatehpuri Masjid announced on Monday.
The month of Ramzan, which entails prayers, self-denial and selfless service to others, will culminate with the celebration of Eid-ul-Fitr on Tuesday.
The announcement came following a meeting of Qadeem Royat Hilal committee headed by Maulana Mufti Mohammed Mukkaram, Shahi Imam of Fatehpuri Masjid.
"The Eid moon has been sighted today. The Eid-ul-Fitr will be celebrated across the country tomorrow," Mukkaram said.
Another Muslim cleric Maulana KRF Mahali seconded this, and said, “The moon has been sighted and according to that Eid-ul-Fitr will be celebrated tomorrow.”
This festival strengthens our faith in oneness, compassion and tolerance and instills a sense of camaraderie and goodwill towards all," said Jung in his message.
Delhi`s Lt Governor Najeeb Jung too extended his warm greetings to the citizens of the National Capital on the occasion of Eid-ul-Fitr.
"May the Almighty grant his choicest blessings to all the citizens of our great Nation,” Jung said in his message.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Mahatma Gandhi: Know six things you didn't know about him
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- Know who replaced Katrina Kaif in film opposite Jackie Chan