Morality crisis in the country: Trivedi
New Delhi: With Parliament disrupted over CAG reports, former Railway Minister and Trinamool leader Dinesh Trivedi on Tuesday said there is a crisis of morality and absence of a role model in public life.
"There is a big vaccum or drought as far as morality is concerned. Common man on the street is not interested in technicality. He wants to know what is morally right or what is not morally right," Trivedi told reporters outside Parliament when asked about his stand on the turmoil in both Houses over the CAG reports.
"There is a crisis of morality and it is a challenge for the political system. In public life, if there is a crisis of morality, then it affects everything. Just becoming MLA or MP is not sufficient at all," the Trinamool MP said.
Talking of the absence of a role model in the country, he seemed to indirectly take a dig at his own party as he said, "I am also in politics but I wonder who will talk for the country first and then his party. I am afraid I do not see any. That is a dangerous thing in the country of 1.2 billion people."
However, he said, "I am sure there are good people in political parties also. But where are they?"
He said it was time good people in political parties came together to speak out for the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Stephen Constantine names probable squad for Puerto Rico match
- RBI lets banks issue masala bonds, to accept corporate bonds in LAF
- Angry Mehbooba ends press meet with Rajnath abruptly
- Triple treble: How Usain Bolt stormed to another set of gold medals at Rio Olympics – VIDEO
- Two reward-carrying women Naxals arrested; another surrenders