Morality crisis in the country: Trivedi
New Delhi: With Parliament disrupted over CAG reports, former Railway Minister and Trinamool leader Dinesh Trivedi on Tuesday said there is a crisis of morality and absence of a role model in public life.
"There is a big vaccum or drought as far as morality is concerned. Common man on the street is not interested in technicality. He wants to know what is morally right or what is not morally right," Trivedi told reporters outside Parliament when asked about his stand on the turmoil in both Houses over the CAG reports.
"There is a crisis of morality and it is a challenge for the political system. In public life, if there is a crisis of morality, then it affects everything. Just becoming MLA or MP is not sufficient at all," the Trinamool MP said.
Talking of the absence of a role model in the country, he seemed to indirectly take a dig at his own party as he said, "I am also in politics but I wonder who will talk for the country first and then his party. I am afraid I do not see any. That is a dangerous thing in the country of 1.2 billion people."
However, he said, "I am sure there are good people in political parties also. But where are they?"
He said it was time good people in political parties came together to speak out for the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH