Morari Bapu to commence 687th Ramkatha on May 1
Ahmedabad: Noted spiritual leader Morari
Bapu would commence his discourses on Ramkatha here on Gujarat
Day that is May 1, at local club here.
This will be his 687th Ramkatha. Bapu who is well known
for his style of delivering `Ramkatha` is expected to address
a record breaking crowd this time during the nine-day event.
"Bapu`s `Ramkatha` also coincides with Gujarat state`s
golden jubilee celebration on May 1, which I believe is a good
omen for the state," organiser of the event which has been
named `Swarnim Gujarat Ramkatha`, Girish Dani told media
persons here today.
Dani said they have built a huge tent covering 1.25 lakh
sq ft area and is made fully air-conditioned.
"The enclosure which is fire resistant and waterproof,
has capacity of accommodating over 30,000 people. The entire
Katha would be telecast live on `Aastha` channel," Dani said.
He said they were expecting a record crowd looking at the
popularity of Bapu`s Ramkatha.
"Last time we organised the katha, over 8 lakh people
attended it (over a period of nine days), this year we expect
more people despite soring temperatures," Dani said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!