More Adarsh scam files go missing
Mumbai: Some more files pertaining to the
controversial Adarsh Housing Society here have gone missing,
this time from the Union Ministry of Environment and Forests
in New Delhi, a senior CBI official said on Saturday.
"Files which include letters issued by the Environment
Ministry to the state government regarding Coastal Regulation
Zone norms, and asking the society to approach the appropriate
state government department for clearance, have gone missing,"
the official said.
The matter came to the light when a CBI official
visited MoEF office in Delhi last week, seeking copies of the
letters. "The ministry officials said the files are
untraceable. We have now asked them to give us a complaint in
writing after which further course of action would be
decided," the official said.
Last year, some files pertaining to the society had
gone missing from the Maharashtra Urban Development Department
(UDD) and three officials from the UDD were arrested in this
connection on May 5.
The missing files from MoEF also contain the society`s
proposal, forwarded by the state government to the Union
Ministry, seeking CRZ clearance for construction. The ministry
had replied stating that since the plot fell in CRZ,
permission was required from Maharashtra Coastal Zone
Management Authority (MCZMA).
The construction of the building allegedly violated
CRZ norms, and it allegedly got additional FSI in breach of
many rules. CBI is probing the scam, which came to light last
After the controversy broke last year, four pages of a
file on Adarsh, pertaining to the deletion of a nearby road
from civic plans for giving more FSI to the society, and CRZ
clearances, was found to be missing from state UDD office.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference