More Adarsh scam files go missing
Mumbai: Some more files pertaining to the
controversial Adarsh Housing Society here have gone missing,
this time from the Union Ministry of Environment and Forests
in New Delhi, a senior CBI official said on Saturday.
"Files which include letters issued by the Environment
Ministry to the state government regarding Coastal Regulation
Zone norms, and asking the society to approach the appropriate
state government department for clearance, have gone missing,"
the official said.
The matter came to the light when a CBI official
visited MoEF office in Delhi last week, seeking copies of the
letters. "The ministry officials said the files are
untraceable. We have now asked them to give us a complaint in
writing after which further course of action would be
decided," the official said.
Last year, some files pertaining to the society had
gone missing from the Maharashtra Urban Development Department
(UDD) and three officials from the UDD were arrested in this
connection on May 5.
The missing files from MoEF also contain the society`s
proposal, forwarded by the state government to the Union
Ministry, seeking CRZ clearance for construction. The ministry
had replied stating that since the plot fell in CRZ,
permission was required from Maharashtra Coastal Zone
Management Authority (MCZMA).
The construction of the building allegedly violated
CRZ norms, and it allegedly got additional FSI in breach of
many rules. CBI is probing the scam, which came to light last
After the controversy broke last year, four pages of a
file on Adarsh, pertaining to the deletion of a nearby road
from civic plans for giving more FSI to the society, and CRZ
clearances, was found to be missing from state UDD office.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India