More AI flights to evacuate Indians from Libya: Vayalar Ravi
Kochi: Air India had put in place all steps to send more flights and ships to trouble-torn Libya to evacuate the stranded Indians, Union Civil Aviation minister, Vayalar Ravi, on Sunday said.
Two AI flights have already landed with Indians from Libya and more flights would be deployed as per need, the minister told reporters on the sidelines of a function to mark the inauguration of the corporate headquarters of Air India
Express (AIE) here.
Efforts are also being made to bring those wanting to be evacuated through ships to Alexandria in Egypt and then to air lift them, he said.
There are about 18,000 Indians in that country, he said.
In situations were Indians need help, it was Air India which was providing a helping hand, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing