More AI flights to evacuate Indians from Libya: Vayalar Ravi
Kochi: Air India had put in place all steps to send more flights and ships to trouble-torn Libya to evacuate the stranded Indians, Union Civil Aviation minister, Vayalar Ravi, on Sunday said.
Two AI flights have already landed with Indians from Libya and more flights would be deployed as per need, the minister told reporters on the sidelines of a function to mark the inauguration of the corporate headquarters of Air India
Express (AIE) here.
Efforts are also being made to bring those wanting to be evacuated through ships to Alexandria in Egypt and then to air lift them, he said.
There are about 18,000 Indians in that country, he said.
In situations were Indians need help, it was Air India which was providing a helping hand, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Really? Katrina Kaif rebuffs breaking up with Ranbir Kapoor?
- ISI plotted 26/11 Mumbai attacks with Pakistan govt's support, says David Headley