More AI flights to evacuate Indians from Libya: Vayalar Ravi
Kochi: Air India had put in place all steps to send more flights and ships to trouble-torn Libya to evacuate the stranded Indians, Union Civil Aviation minister, Vayalar Ravi, on Sunday said.
Two AI flights have already landed with Indians from Libya and more flights would be deployed as per need, the minister told reporters on the sidelines of a function to mark the inauguration of the corporate headquarters of Air India
Express (AIE) here.
Efforts are also being made to bring those wanting to be evacuated through ships to Alexandria in Egypt and then to air lift them, he said.
There are about 18,000 Indians in that country, he said.
In situations were Indians need help, it was Air India which was providing a helping hand, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?