More AI flights to evacuate Indians from Libya: Vayalar Ravi
Kochi: Air India had put in place all steps to send more flights and ships to trouble-torn Libya to evacuate the stranded Indians, Union Civil Aviation minister, Vayalar Ravi, on Sunday said.
Two AI flights have already landed with Indians from Libya and more flights would be deployed as per need, the minister told reporters on the sidelines of a function to mark the inauguration of the corporate headquarters of Air India
Express (AIE) here.
Efforts are also being made to bring those wanting to be evacuated through ships to Alexandria in Egypt and then to air lift them, he said.
There are about 18,000 Indians in that country, he said.
In situations were Indians need help, it was Air India which was providing a helping hand, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen