More changes in Navy`s top brass in pipeline
New Delhi: More changes in the Navy`s top
brass are in the pipeline, with Navy chief Admiral Sureesh
Mehta retiring this month end and the government already
announcing 11 new appointments this week.
Apart from seven promotions to senior Navy officers, the
government has appointed Assistant Chief of Naval Staff
(Foreign Cooperation and Intelligence) Vice Admiral P Chauhan
as the new Chief of Staff at the Mumbai-based Western Naval
Navy sources said Chauhan will take over the new
assignment next month.
Rear Admiral Satish Soni, who is at present the Chief of
Staff at the Eastern Naval Command, gets promoted as Vice
The present Flag Officer Commanding of Western Fleet Rear
Admiral S P S Cheema will take over as the new Chief of
Personnel on being promoted as Vice Admiral next month.
Rear Admiral P K Chatterjee will, on promotion as Vice
Admiral, take over as the new Inspector General of Nuclear
The present Flag Officer Commanding of Eastern Fleet,
Rear Admiral A G Thapliyal, will take over as the Commandant
of Naval Academy.
Rear Admiral H C S Bisht, the Chief of Staff of the
Kochi-based Southern Naval Command, will take over as the Flag
Officer of Training at Kochi.
Commodore S Y Shrikhande, who is the Officer on Special
Duty to Flag Officer Commanding of Eastern Fleet, will move to
the Naval Headquarters as the new ACNS (FCI) on being promoted
as Rear Admiral.
Comde S S Jamwal, Naval Attache at Moscow, will return to
India and join as the new Chief of Staff at the Southern Naval
Command on promotion as Rear Admiral.
Other promotions include Comde K B Singh and Comde P Ajit
Kumar, who will pick up the rank of Rear Admiral. They would
be posted as the new OSD to FOC-in-C of Western Naval Command
and Assistant Chief of Personnel (HRD) in the Naval
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence – Part II
- I am a Goddess for the weaker section which is making people angry: Mayawati
- Sacked BJP leader Dayashankar to be arrested soon for controversial remark on Mayawati
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Tamil Nadu Budget 2016-17: All you need to know
- Need mix of fiscal, monetary policies to deal with Brexit: FM Jaitley
- Rio Olympics 2016: CAS rejects Russia appeal, bars athletes from mega event
- This manatee is interested in paddleboarding – Watch video!
- Oscar Pistorius: Prosecutors seek longer sentence for tainted Paralympian