`More efforts needed to boost trade ties between India, Czech`
New Delhi: Noting that India and Czech
Republic share a historic friendship, Lok Sabha Speaker Meira
Kumar on Tuesday said renewed efforts should be made to boost trade
and commercial ties between the two countries.
Welcoming a Parliamentary delegation from Czech Republic,
Kumar said more efforts needed to be made to realize the full
potential of their respective economies.
She also appreciated Czech Republic`s continued support
for India`s candidature for the permanent membership of the
United Nations Security Council (UNSC).
Kumar said both countries have developed expertise in the
functioning of democratic institutions and that they could
share their successful democratic experience with each other.
The Speaker felt that more interaction between the two
Parliaments would help in strengthening the entire gamut of
Milan Stech, President of the Senate of the Czech
Republic, who led the delegation, hoped that the relationship
between the two countries would be further strengthened in
various fields, including at the parliamentary level, a Lok
Sabha release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- 5 homemade fruit packs that’ll make you glow instantly