`More efforts needed to boost trade ties between India, Czech`
New Delhi: Noting that India and Czech
Republic share a historic friendship, Lok Sabha Speaker Meira
Kumar on Tuesday said renewed efforts should be made to boost trade
and commercial ties between the two countries.
Welcoming a Parliamentary delegation from Czech Republic,
Kumar said more efforts needed to be made to realize the full
potential of their respective economies.
She also appreciated Czech Republic`s continued support
for India`s candidature for the permanent membership of the
United Nations Security Council (UNSC).
Kumar said both countries have developed expertise in the
functioning of democratic institutions and that they could
share their successful democratic experience with each other.
The Speaker felt that more interaction between the two
Parliaments would help in strengthening the entire gamut of
Milan Stech, President of the Senate of the Czech
Republic, who led the delegation, hoped that the relationship
between the two countries would be further strengthened in
various fields, including at the parliamentary level, a Lok
Sabha release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand