More than 1,100 CRPF personnel pledge their organs
New Delhi: In a noble gesture, more than a 1,100 CRPF personnel on Tuesday pledged to donate their organs here to mark the world Organ Donation Day.
The troopers of the country`s largest paramilitary force took the oath in a joint action with the Organ Retrieval Banking Organisation (ORBO) of the AIIMS here.
A total of 1,184 personnel took the pledge that they would donate their organs for the needy after death, a senior force official said.
The troopers were administered the oath by CRPF Inspector General (Northern sector) A P Maheshwari.
The Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) is country`s largest paramilitary force with close to 3-lakh personnel in its ranks and it is also the mainstay for conducting anti-Naxal operations in various Maoist violence hit states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi