More than 1,100 CRPF personnel pledge their organs
New Delhi: In a noble gesture, more than a 1,100 CRPF personnel on Tuesday pledged to donate their organs here to mark the world Organ Donation Day.
The troopers of the country`s largest paramilitary force took the oath in a joint action with the Organ Retrieval Banking Organisation (ORBO) of the AIIMS here.
A total of 1,184 personnel took the pledge that they would donate their organs for the needy after death, a senior force official said.
The troopers were administered the oath by CRPF Inspector General (Northern sector) A P Maheshwari.
The Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) is country`s largest paramilitary force with close to 3-lakh personnel in its ranks and it is also the mainstay for conducting anti-Naxal operations in various Maoist violence hit states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog