More truths will be exposed: Arvind Kejriwal
New Delhi: A day after targetting BJP chief Nitin Gadkari, Arvind Kejriwal on Thursday said more investigation truths will be out showing how politicians of all parties are in collusion with each other.
He said they have just started the process and it has to be taken forward.
"If there is a detailed investigation, more truths will be exposed. It will show how politicians of all parties have industries and they are taking water from dams built for irrigation purpose (in Maharashtra)," he alleged.
Kejriwal yesterday accused Gadkari of receiving personal favours by getting around 100 acres of agriculture land in Maharashtra after the Congress-NCP government there bent rules.
When allegations are levelled against them, he said, both BJP and Congress term these as useless.
"It may be useless for Salman Khurshid but it is not useless for those whose crutches and tricycles have been stolen. For Gadkari, it will be useless but for farmers who have lost their land, it is not useless," he said.
Responding to Gadkari`s remarks, Kejriwal said land acquired for irrigation should only be used for public interest and "if national interest has to be served, why only Gadkari? If they had given out advertisements, 1000 such organisations would have come out who are doing good work.
"The Supreme Court judgement clearly says that excess land acquired for a project will be auctioned only and it cannot be given to an individual. What we have brought out is just one example," he said.
Alleging a collusion between politicians and industries, Kejriwal said people want to know why Gadkari has not raised questions on dam water meant for irrigation is not being used for the stated purpose.
"Why is it that when we spoke of Robert Vadra, Sharad Yadav and Akhilesh Yadav came up in his defence? What does this show?" he said.
"Digvijay Singh has recently said that politicians do not target relatives of each others. What does this show? Is corruption not an individual issue?" he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know