Morocco supports UNSC membership for India
New Delhi: Morocco on Thursday extended support for
India`s permanent membership to the United Nation Security
The Morrocan support was extended by its Foreign Minister
Tai Fassi Fihri during his meet with his Indian counterpart S
"Moroccan Foreign Minister Tai Fassi Fihri expresses full
support for India`s permanent membership of UNSC," an official
of the Ministry of External Affairs said.
Fihri, who came here yesterday evening on an official
visit will leave later in the night.
India was active in the United Nations in supporting
Moroccan freedom movement and recognised Morocco on June 20,
1956 when it became independent of the protectorate
arrangements with France.
Bilateral trade between the two nations has been growing
in the past 10 years and had reached USD 1.19 billion in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan