Morocco supports UNSC membership for India
New Delhi: Morocco on Thursday extended support for
India`s permanent membership to the United Nation Security
The Morrocan support was extended by its Foreign Minister
Tai Fassi Fihri during his meet with his Indian counterpart S
"Moroccan Foreign Minister Tai Fassi Fihri expresses full
support for India`s permanent membership of UNSC," an official
of the Ministry of External Affairs said.
Fihri, who came here yesterday evening on an official
visit will leave later in the night.
India was active in the United Nations in supporting
Moroccan freedom movement and recognised Morocco on June 20,
1956 when it became independent of the protectorate
arrangements with France.
Bilateral trade between the two nations has been growing
in the past 10 years and had reached USD 1.19 billion in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices?
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part II
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part III
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Barack Obama banishes Vietnam war era with lifting of arms ban
- India braces for more heat after temperature breaks records; over 300 dead in Telangana
- Manipur HSLC Result 2016, BSEM HSLC Class 10th Results 2016, Manipur Board HSLC (10th Class) Results 2016 to be declared on May 24
- Sensex falls for 4th day on Fed rate hike caution
- Divyanka Tripathi, Vivek Dahiya to marry on July 8