Moscow police free kidnapped Indian
Moscow: An Indian man abducted in Russia for ransom a year ago has been freed by Moscow police, which also arrested two suspects in connection with the case.
The suspects are believed to have kidnapped the man last August and held him in a basement garage, demanding via email USD 300,000 from his relatives for his release, the Interior Ministry`s press service told RIA Novosti.
They threatened to kill the Indian national if his family failed to pay the ransom.
Authorities did not disclose the identity of the Indian.
Investigators have opened a criminal case over the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan