Moscow police free kidnapped Indian
Moscow: An Indian man abducted in Russia for ransom a year ago has been freed by Moscow police, which also arrested two suspects in connection with the case.
The suspects are believed to have kidnapped the man last August and held him in a basement garage, demanding via email USD 300,000 from his relatives for his release, the Interior Ministry`s press service told RIA Novosti.
They threatened to kill the Indian national if his family failed to pay the ransom.
Authorities did not disclose the identity of the Indian.
Investigators have opened a criminal case over the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation