Moscow police seize contraband goods from India, China
Moscow: Russian police have seized contraband
goods worth USD 29 million from India, Afghanistan, China and
Turkey from a hotel premises.
The contraband goods were manufactured in India,
Afghanistan, China and Turkey and there were no covering
documents to confirm the legitimacy of the presence of these
goods in Russia, Department for combating economic crimes
(DEB) said today.
"According to preliminary estimates, the warehouse of the
hotel Sevastopolskaya contained contraband goods worth at
least USD 29 million," the economic crimes department added.
As per the officials, an inspection of the goods seized
ascertained that most of the clothes, accessories and
perfumery products were counterfeit in their production.
DEB personnel also claimed to have stopped a large
channel through which Chinese goods were smuggled into the
"The cargoes, cleared at customs post in the
north-western and central customs zones, were brought to
warehouses on the premises of the Sevastopolsksaya hotel," DEB
"More than ten large trucks with consumer goods arrived
here daily, bringing goods for subsequent retail sales. A
search of trucks found sets of forged documents which had
been used in clearing the cargo at custom terminals," the DEB
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400