Mother and son, not UPA ruling the nation: Ramdev
Raipur: A day after the Union Cabinet withdrew a controversial Ordinance on convicted lawmakers it had earlier cleared, Yoga guru Baba Ramdev on Thursday termed the decision as "strangulation of democracy" as it was effected after condemnation by Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi.
"After Rahul Gandhi`s rejection of the Ordinance on convicted lawmakers, UPA took back the Ordinance which was earlier cleared by Dr Manmohan Singh-led Cabinet...It`s a clear-cut strangulation of democracy...It indicates that not the UPA but the mother and son are running the country," said Ramdev without taking names of Congress president Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi.
Ramdev claimed that Congress-led UPA government will bite the dust in 2014 elections and Narendra Modi-led NDA will form the government at the Centre.
"Narendra Modi and NDA will win more than 300 seats in next year`s Lok Sabha polls whereas Congress-led UPA will be reduced to 100 seats," Ramdev said.
He said Congress will be decimated and become "history" after 2013 Assembly and 2014 Lok Sabha elections due to massive corruption under its watch.
"During over 60 years of its rule, Congress has done nothing except looting the country," he said.
Ramdev alleged Congress was specifically targeting Narendra Modi because of the formidable challenge he is posing to the Congress as BJP`s prime ministerial nominee, besides targeting RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat and himself.
"Congress is defaming Modi and presenting him as an offender and a terrorist by illegally dragging his name in several cases. Even I am being implicated in cases of tax evasion and others," Ramdev alleged.
Ramdev alleged that UPA government at Centre could be behind his "illegal" detention at Heathrow airport in London recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note