Mother of Samjhauta blast accused moves MP High Court
Indore: A habeas corpus petition was on Friday filed in the Madhya Pradesh High Court here by the mother of an accused in 2007 Samjhauta Express blast case, questioning the "illegal" detention of her son by NIA.
In her petition, Buli Bai (66) has claimed her son Dhan Singh was illegally arrested on December 17 by officials of National Investigation Agency (NIA).
She has named the investigating agency along with both central and the state governments as respondents in the case.
Buli Bai`s lawyer Dharmendra Chelawat told reporters here that he will make a plea in the court tomorrow for early hearing of the petition.
"He has been illegally detained and still has not been presented before any court. His family is worried about him," he alleged.
A team of NIA officials had arrested Dhan Singh, a prime suspect in the 2007 Samjhauta Express blast case, on December 17 from Madhya Pradesh`s Satna district.
Singh, who was arrested from Chitrakoot following intelligence input, is also suspected to be involved in the 2008 Malegaon blasts case, according to sources.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city