Mother of Samjhauta blast accused moves MP High Court
Indore: A habeas corpus petition was on Friday filed in the Madhya Pradesh High Court here by the mother of an accused in 2007 Samjhauta Express blast case, questioning the "illegal" detention of her son by NIA.
In her petition, Buli Bai (66) has claimed her son Dhan Singh was illegally arrested on December 17 by officials of National Investigation Agency (NIA).
She has named the investigating agency along with both central and the state governments as respondents in the case.
Buli Bai`s lawyer Dharmendra Chelawat told reporters here that he will make a plea in the court tomorrow for early hearing of the petition.
"He has been illegally detained and still has not been presented before any court. His family is worried about him," he alleged.
A team of NIA officials had arrested Dhan Singh, a prime suspect in the 2007 Samjhauta Express blast case, on December 17 from Madhya Pradesh`s Satna district.
Singh, who was arrested from Chitrakoot following intelligence input, is also suspected to be involved in the 2008 Malegaon blasts case, according to sources.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss