Mothers should ask sons to respect women: Bedi
New Delhi: Former top cop Kiran Bedi on Tuesday stressed on the need to educate men to respect women. The remark came in the wake of horrifying incident of gang-rape of a paramedical student in Delhi.
The victim is said to be very critical, as per doctors.
Bedi today tweeted, “Mothers of India should ask their sons to take an oath that they will never disrespect women.”
Bedi also stressed on the need to improve policing in the national capital, which has registered a spurt in such cases of crime.
“There is a compelling need for a combined police and community patrolling plan in Delhi,” she added.
Meanwhile, students of the Jawaharlal Nehru University in South Delhi protested outside the Vasant Vihar Police Station in connection with the case.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler