Mothers should ask sons to respect women: Bedi
New Delhi: Former top cop Kiran Bedi on Tuesday stressed on the need to educate men to respect women. The remark came in the wake of horrifying incident of gang-rape of a paramedical student in Delhi.
The victim is said to be very critical, as per doctors.
Bedi today tweeted, “Mothers of India should ask their sons to take an oath that they will never disrespect women.”
Bedi also stressed on the need to improve policing in the national capital, which has registered a spurt in such cases of crime.
“There is a compelling need for a combined police and community patrolling plan in Delhi,” she added.
Meanwhile, students of the Jawaharlal Nehru University in South Delhi protested outside the Vasant Vihar Police Station in connection with the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part II
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part III
- India is 35th member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Brexit vote sends new shocks through financial markets, political chaos deepens
- Wimbledon: World No. 223 dumps out Ana Ivanovic in first round
- Wimbledon 2016: Novak Djokovic begins title defence with a solid victory
- Shiva Thapa, Manoj Kumar can win gold at Rio Olympics: Vikas Krishan
- Rajinikanth doing well, in US for medical test: Brother