Mothers should ask sons to respect women: Bedi
New Delhi: Former top cop Kiran Bedi on Tuesday stressed on the need to educate men to respect women. The remark came in the wake of horrifying incident of gang-rape of a paramedical student in Delhi.
The victim is said to be very critical, as per doctors.
Bedi today tweeted, “Mothers of India should ask their sons to take an oath that they will never disrespect women.”
Bedi also stressed on the need to improve policing in the national capital, which has registered a spurt in such cases of crime.
“There is a compelling need for a combined police and community patrolling plan in Delhi,” she added.
Meanwhile, students of the Jawaharlal Nehru University in South Delhi protested outside the Vasant Vihar Police Station in connection with the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her