MOU signed to link Tripura with Bangladesh by train
Agartala: India and Bangladesh will soon
sign a memorandum of understanding (MOU) to link Agartala
railway station with Akhaura in Bangladesh, Tripura Chief
Minister Manik Sarkar said on Friday.
"Railway ministry has placed the alignment report for
the proposed rail connectivity seeking the state government?s
opinion and we have readily agreed," Sarkar said after
inaugurating the 21st Tripura Industries and Commerce Fair
A joint survey to prepare the alignment for the 16km
Indo-Bangla rail link was carried out in September last and
later it was placed before both the governments for a
Sarkar said construction of a bridge on the river Feni
in South Tripura district would also begin soon as the final
alignment had already been made by a team of engineers of
India and Bangladesh.
The bridge being built at a cost of Rs 12 crore would
connect South Tripura with the Chittagong Port, 72 km away
from the Indo-Bangladesh border at Sabroom, he said.
The chief minister also underlined the need to introduce
Agartala-Dhaka-Guwahati air service to boost trade and
commerce with the north eastern region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!