MOU signed to link Tripura with Bangladesh by train
Agartala: India and Bangladesh will soon
sign a memorandum of understanding (MOU) to link Agartala
railway station with Akhaura in Bangladesh, Tripura Chief
Minister Manik Sarkar said on Friday.
"Railway ministry has placed the alignment report for
the proposed rail connectivity seeking the state government?s
opinion and we have readily agreed," Sarkar said after
inaugurating the 21st Tripura Industries and Commerce Fair
A joint survey to prepare the alignment for the 16km
Indo-Bangla rail link was carried out in September last and
later it was placed before both the governments for a
Sarkar said construction of a bridge on the river Feni
in South Tripura district would also begin soon as the final
alignment had already been made by a team of engineers of
India and Bangladesh.
The bridge being built at a cost of Rs 12 crore would
connect South Tripura with the Chittagong Port, 72 km away
from the Indo-Bangladesh border at Sabroom, he said.
The chief minister also underlined the need to introduce
Agartala-Dhaka-Guwahati air service to boost trade and
commerce with the north eastern region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India