MOU signed to link Tripura with Bangladesh by train
Agartala: India and Bangladesh will soon
sign a memorandum of understanding (MOU) to link Agartala
railway station with Akhaura in Bangladesh, Tripura Chief
Minister Manik Sarkar said on Friday.
"Railway ministry has placed the alignment report for
the proposed rail connectivity seeking the state government?s
opinion and we have readily agreed," Sarkar said after
inaugurating the 21st Tripura Industries and Commerce Fair
A joint survey to prepare the alignment for the 16km
Indo-Bangla rail link was carried out in September last and
later it was placed before both the governments for a
Sarkar said construction of a bridge on the river Feni
in South Tripura district would also begin soon as the final
alignment had already been made by a team of engineers of
India and Bangladesh.
The bridge being built at a cost of Rs 12 crore would
connect South Tripura with the Chittagong Port, 72 km away
from the Indo-Bangladesh border at Sabroom, he said.
The chief minister also underlined the need to introduce
Agartala-Dhaka-Guwahati air service to boost trade and
commerce with the north eastern region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh