Move on govt formation only if possibility emerges: Marandi
New Delhi: Congress-JVM alliance in Jharkhand
will consider formation of an alternative government in the
state if any such possibility emerges in the next 15 days,
Jharkhand Vikas Morcha chief Babulal Marandi said today.
Marandi, who was here, at the same time made it clear that
his party would not entertain any "pre-condition or horse-
trading" if there emerges a possibility of government
"We and our alliance partner will wait for 10-15 days more
and see whether there is any possibility (of government
formation)...," Marandi said.
"We and our alliance will definitely consider it if there
comes a situation to form government without horse-trading.
Otherwise we will leave it to the people of the state to
decide," he added.
He said, in this regard, he has already talked to Congress
which is also of the same view that if a possibility emerges
in which there are no "pre-conditions and horse-trading", they
can "definitely" consider formation of government.
When asked whether the Congress-JVM alliance would field
any candidate for Rajya Sabha from the state where they have
25 MLAs together in the 81 member assembly, Marandi said that
they would contest the election and welcome support from any
He also said the party will not like any "horse trading"
for the Rajya Sabha elections too, claiming that this had been
a trend in state in past.
Meanwhile, Congress spokesperson Shakeel Ahmed said the
party will take any decision on the issue of Rajya Sabha
elections in Jharkhand only after taking view of the state
Jharkhand has been brought under President`s Rule on
Tuesday as no party or alliance was in a position to form a
government in the state after weeks of political drama.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'