Move on govt formation only if possibility emerges: Marandi
New Delhi: Congress-JVM alliance in Jharkhand
will consider formation of an alternative government in the
state if any such possibility emerges in the next 15 days,
Jharkhand Vikas Morcha chief Babulal Marandi said today.
Marandi, who was here, at the same time made it clear that
his party would not entertain any "pre-condition or horse-
trading" if there emerges a possibility of government
"We and our alliance partner will wait for 10-15 days more
and see whether there is any possibility (of government
formation)...," Marandi said.
"We and our alliance will definitely consider it if there
comes a situation to form government without horse-trading.
Otherwise we will leave it to the people of the state to
decide," he added.
He said, in this regard, he has already talked to Congress
which is also of the same view that if a possibility emerges
in which there are no "pre-conditions and horse-trading", they
can "definitely" consider formation of government.
When asked whether the Congress-JVM alliance would field
any candidate for Rajya Sabha from the state where they have
25 MLAs together in the 81 member assembly, Marandi said that
they would contest the election and welcome support from any
He also said the party will not like any "horse trading"
for the Rajya Sabha elections too, claiming that this had been
a trend in state in past.
Meanwhile, Congress spokesperson Shakeel Ahmed said the
party will take any decision on the issue of Rajya Sabha
elections in Jharkhand only after taking view of the state
Jharkhand has been brought under President`s Rule on
Tuesday as no party or alliance was in a position to form a
government in the state after weeks of political drama.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video