MP: 28 electrocuted as bus touches overhead wire
Mandla (MP): As many as 28 people were Friday
electrocuted when the bus in which they were travelling came
in contact with a live overhead wire near a village here,
The victims, who belonged to a marriage party, died when
some object kept on top of the bus came in contact with the
high tension power line, Mandla Collector K K Khare told PTI.
The toll may go up, he added.
The police is ascertaining the number of passengers on
board the vehicle. The exact number of injured was also not
The incident took place near Surajpura village when the
bus was heading from Doni village to Sukaria, police said.
The incident comes a day after three persons were
electrocuted and 22 others suffered burn injuries when a high
voltage wire fell on them when they were travelling on a truck
in Vaishali district in Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you