MP: 28 electrocuted as bus touches overhead wire
Mandla (MP): As many as 28 people were Friday
electrocuted when the bus in which they were travelling came
in contact with a live overhead wire near a village here,
The victims, who belonged to a marriage party, died when
some object kept on top of the bus came in contact with the
high tension power line, Mandla Collector K K Khare told PTI.
The toll may go up, he added.
The police is ascertaining the number of passengers on
board the vehicle. The exact number of injured was also not
The incident took place near Surajpura village when the
bus was heading from Doni village to Sukaria, police said.
The incident comes a day after three persons were
electrocuted and 22 others suffered burn injuries when a high
voltage wire fell on them when they were travelling on a truck
in Vaishali district in Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred