MP: 28 electrocuted as bus touches overhead wire
Mandla (MP): As many as 28 people were Friday
electrocuted when the bus in which they were travelling came
in contact with a live overhead wire near a village here,
The victims, who belonged to a marriage party, died when
some object kept on top of the bus came in contact with the
high tension power line, Mandla Collector K K Khare told PTI.
The toll may go up, he added.
The police is ascertaining the number of passengers on
board the vehicle. The exact number of injured was also not
The incident took place near Surajpura village when the
bus was heading from Doni village to Sukaria, police said.
The incident comes a day after three persons were
electrocuted and 22 others suffered burn injuries when a high
voltage wire fell on them when they were travelling on a truck
in Vaishali district in Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: SC to hear plea next week on FIR against 'bribe-takers'
- Wow! KFC India to replace plastic packaging with edible bowls!
- UN blacklists Indian-flagged cargo vessel carrying Libyan oil
- One minute of intense exercise can help you stay fit!
- Don't refer Bhagat Singh, Chandra Shekhar Azad as terrorists: HRD Ministry to DU