MP: 28 electrocuted as bus touches overhead wire
Mandla (MP): As many as 28 people were Friday
electrocuted when the bus in which they were travelling came
in contact with a live overhead wire near a village here,
The victims, who belonged to a marriage party, died when
some object kept on top of the bus came in contact with the
high tension power line, Mandla Collector K K Khare told PTI.
The toll may go up, he added.
The police is ascertaining the number of passengers on
board the vehicle. The exact number of injured was also not
The incident took place near Surajpura village when the
bus was heading from Doni village to Sukaria, police said.
The incident comes a day after three persons were
electrocuted and 22 others suffered burn injuries when a high
voltage wire fell on them when they were travelling on a truck
in Vaishali district in Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi