MP CM blames Centre for `neglect` of Ambedkar memorial
Indore: Alleging gross "neglect" by the
Centre towards the Delhi-based memorial of Babasaheb Ambedkar,
Madhya Pradesh chief minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Thursday
demanded remodelling of the structure on the lines of Rajghat
which is the memorial of Mahatma Gandhi.
"I came to know that Ambedkar memorial is locked these
days and there is no arrangement to light even a candle at
that place and this is highly insulting for the country,"
Chouhan said while addressing Ambedkar Mahakumbh on the
occasion of 120th birth anniversary of Babasaheb Ambedkar at
Mhow near here.
Mhow is the birth place of the Father of Indian
Chouhan demanded that Centre should purchase land
situated near the memorial (26, Alipur Road, Delhi) to develop
it on the lines of Rajghat.
Taking a dig at the Centre, he said that in case it
has a shortage of funds for development of the memorial, then
the Madhya Pradesh government is ready to borne entire expense
for the development of the monument which is known as
Parivartan Bhumi by his followers.
The Dalit leaders of various political parties
recently warned that if the Centre did not take care of the
Delhi-based memorial they would block Nagpur-Delhi railway
Chouhan announced on the occasion that BJP would
extend support to such movement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi