MP CM blames Centre for `neglect` of Ambedkar memorial
Indore: Alleging gross "neglect" by the
Centre towards the Delhi-based memorial of Babasaheb Ambedkar,
Madhya Pradesh chief minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Thursday
demanded remodelling of the structure on the lines of Rajghat
which is the memorial of Mahatma Gandhi.
"I came to know that Ambedkar memorial is locked these
days and there is no arrangement to light even a candle at
that place and this is highly insulting for the country,"
Chouhan said while addressing Ambedkar Mahakumbh on the
occasion of 120th birth anniversary of Babasaheb Ambedkar at
Mhow near here.
Mhow is the birth place of the Father of Indian
Chouhan demanded that Centre should purchase land
situated near the memorial (26, Alipur Road, Delhi) to develop
it on the lines of Rajghat.
Taking a dig at the Centre, he said that in case it
has a shortage of funds for development of the memorial, then
the Madhya Pradesh government is ready to borne entire expense
for the development of the monument which is known as
Parivartan Bhumi by his followers.
The Dalit leaders of various political parties
recently warned that if the Centre did not take care of the
Delhi-based memorial they would block Nagpur-Delhi railway
Chouhan announced on the occasion that BJP would
extend support to such movement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!