MP CM blames Centre for `neglect` of Ambedkar memorial
Indore: Alleging gross "neglect" by the
Centre towards the Delhi-based memorial of Babasaheb Ambedkar,
Madhya Pradesh chief minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Thursday
demanded remodelling of the structure on the lines of Rajghat
which is the memorial of Mahatma Gandhi.
"I came to know that Ambedkar memorial is locked these
days and there is no arrangement to light even a candle at
that place and this is highly insulting for the country,"
Chouhan said while addressing Ambedkar Mahakumbh on the
occasion of 120th birth anniversary of Babasaheb Ambedkar at
Mhow near here.
Mhow is the birth place of the Father of Indian
Chouhan demanded that Centre should purchase land
situated near the memorial (26, Alipur Road, Delhi) to develop
it on the lines of Rajghat.
Taking a dig at the Centre, he said that in case it
has a shortage of funds for development of the memorial, then
the Madhya Pradesh government is ready to borne entire expense
for the development of the monument which is known as
Parivartan Bhumi by his followers.
The Dalit leaders of various political parties
recently warned that if the Centre did not take care of the
Delhi-based memorial they would block Nagpur-Delhi railway
Chouhan announced on the occasion that BJP would
extend support to such movement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery