MP CM blames Centre for `neglect` of Ambedkar memorial
Indore: Alleging gross "neglect" by the
Centre towards the Delhi-based memorial of Babasaheb Ambedkar,
Madhya Pradesh chief minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Thursday
demanded remodelling of the structure on the lines of Rajghat
which is the memorial of Mahatma Gandhi.
"I came to know that Ambedkar memorial is locked these
days and there is no arrangement to light even a candle at
that place and this is highly insulting for the country,"
Chouhan said while addressing Ambedkar Mahakumbh on the
occasion of 120th birth anniversary of Babasaheb Ambedkar at
Mhow near here.
Mhow is the birth place of the Father of Indian
Chouhan demanded that Centre should purchase land
situated near the memorial (26, Alipur Road, Delhi) to develop
it on the lines of Rajghat.
Taking a dig at the Centre, he said that in case it
has a shortage of funds for development of the memorial, then
the Madhya Pradesh government is ready to borne entire expense
for the development of the monument which is known as
Parivartan Bhumi by his followers.
The Dalit leaders of various political parties
recently warned that if the Centre did not take care of the
Delhi-based memorial they would block Nagpur-Delhi railway
Chouhan announced on the occasion that BJP would
extend support to such movement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch