MP Govt failed to waive off farmers loan: Cong
Bhopal: Blaming BJP Government`s policies
for the plight of farmers in Madhya Pradesh, Opposition
Congress today staged a massive rally here and alleged that
the ruling party failed to waive off loans of poor farmers.
"The Centre has provided Rs 914 crore for waiving off
loans of the farmers, but the ruling party members with the
help of cooperative banks have committed a scam of Rs 114
crore while waiving of loans of other ineligible persons,"
Congress state unit president Suresh Pachouri alleged
addressing the rally.
Besides Pachouri, the rally was addressed by Union
Ministers -- Kantilal Bhuria, Jyotiraditya Scindia and Arun
Yadav among others.
Speaking on the occasion, Jyotiraditya Scindia described
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan as `champion of
announcements` without caring for their implementation.
Though the Centre provides huge amount of money for the
welfare of farmers, the same is not reaching them due to large
scale irregularities, Arun Yadav alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred