MP Govt failed to waive off farmers loan: Cong
Bhopal: Blaming BJP Government`s policies
for the plight of farmers in Madhya Pradesh, Opposition
Congress today staged a massive rally here and alleged that
the ruling party failed to waive off loans of poor farmers.
"The Centre has provided Rs 914 crore for waiving off
loans of the farmers, but the ruling party members with the
help of cooperative banks have committed a scam of Rs 114
crore while waiving of loans of other ineligible persons,"
Congress state unit president Suresh Pachouri alleged
addressing the rally.
Besides Pachouri, the rally was addressed by Union
Ministers -- Kantilal Bhuria, Jyotiraditya Scindia and Arun
Yadav among others.
Speaking on the occasion, Jyotiraditya Scindia described
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan as `champion of
announcements` without caring for their implementation.
Though the Centre provides huge amount of money for the
welfare of farmers, the same is not reaching them due to large
scale irregularities, Arun Yadav alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say