MP HC`s notice against BJP MP `for damaging railway property`
Jabalpur: Madhya Pradesh High Court today
issued notices against BJP MP from Jabalpur, Rakesh Singh and
others for allegedly damaging railway property during a
demonstration led by him.
The protestors, led by Singh, were opposing extension
of Garib Rath train upto Allahabad on February 26 and caused
damage to railway property and also DRM Office.
The notices were issued by the Division Bench of Chief
Justice, Rafat Alam and Justice Alok Aradhe on the PIL filed
by `Jai Jabalpur Sanstha.`
The PIL demanded that damage caused to the public
property by them during demonstration should be realised from
the protestors and other agencies concerned.
The PIL also demanded that the court should form a
committee to identify those behind the incident and fix
charges against them.
Besides Singh, the notices were also issued to Rail
Ministry, State Home Department, RPF Commandant, General
Manager, West Central Railway and DRM Jabalpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter