MP HC`s notice against BJP MP `for damaging railway property`
Jabalpur: Madhya Pradesh High Court today
issued notices against BJP MP from Jabalpur, Rakesh Singh and
others for allegedly damaging railway property during a
demonstration led by him.
The protestors, led by Singh, were opposing extension
of Garib Rath train upto Allahabad on February 26 and caused
damage to railway property and also DRM Office.
The notices were issued by the Division Bench of Chief
Justice, Rafat Alam and Justice Alok Aradhe on the PIL filed
by `Jai Jabalpur Sanstha.`
The PIL demanded that damage caused to the public
property by them during demonstration should be realised from
the protestors and other agencies concerned.
The PIL also demanded that the court should form a
committee to identify those behind the incident and fix
charges against them.
Besides Singh, the notices were also issued to Rail
Ministry, State Home Department, RPF Commandant, General
Manager, West Central Railway and DRM Jabalpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi