MP HC`s notice against BJP MP `for damaging railway property`
Jabalpur: Madhya Pradesh High Court today
issued notices against BJP MP from Jabalpur, Rakesh Singh and
others for allegedly damaging railway property during a
demonstration led by him.
The protestors, led by Singh, were opposing extension
of Garib Rath train upto Allahabad on February 26 and caused
damage to railway property and also DRM Office.
The notices were issued by the Division Bench of Chief
Justice, Rafat Alam and Justice Alok Aradhe on the PIL filed
by `Jai Jabalpur Sanstha.`
The PIL demanded that damage caused to the public
property by them during demonstration should be realised from
the protestors and other agencies concerned.
The PIL also demanded that the court should form a
committee to identify those behind the incident and fix
charges against them.
Besides Singh, the notices were also issued to Rail
Ministry, State Home Department, RPF Commandant, General
Manager, West Central Railway and DRM Jabalpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional