MP High Court dismisses PIL against Army Chief
Jabalpur: Madhya Pradesh High Court has dismissed a PIL which demanded that Army Chief General V K Singh should not get "post-retirement rehabilitation" in view of the recent controversies.
Dismissing the PIL, division bench of Justices Ajit Singh and R S Jha said the issue did not come in the court`s purview. The court also said that petitioner failed to prove how the acts of the Army Chief had damaged the reputation of the force.
The PIL, filed by Bhopal-based RTI activist, V K Naswa, referred to recent controversies, including the one related to Singh`s age, alleged bribe offer made to him in Tetra truck deal, and the leak of Singh`s letter to the Prime Minister, and stated that these had sullied Army`s image.
Therefore, the court should direct that no "post-retirement rehabilitation" should be done in his case, such as appointment as Governor, etc, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state