MP high court stays NBW against Sudhanshu Maharaj
Indore: Madhya Pradesh High Court`s Indore
Bench has stayed the execution of non-bailable warrant issued
against the noted saint, Sudhanshu Maharaj.
The execution of non-bailable warrant issued by a court
in Shajapur town was stayed by vacation judge, Justice
Subhda R Waghmare yesterday, Sudhanshu Maharaj`s advocate
Rajendra Singhvi told reporters here today.
The bench also ordered the lower court to send the record
of the proceedings to the high court in this regard and also
stayed the trial of the case till next hearing, he said.
An industrialist, Mahaveer Prasad Mansinghka has filed
a complaint in the local court in Shajapur alleging that
Sudhanshu Maharaj`s `Vishwa Jagriti Mission` to whom he had
donated Rs 53 lakh for getting relaxation under section 80-G
of the Income Tax Act was turned down by the department on the
ground that the Mission had no such facility.
The department also imposed a penalty on Mansinghka in
this regard following which he had filed a complaint in a
local court in Shajapur alleging that the Mission was
misleading the people on the issue.
Meanwhile, the Mission has issued an statement that
Mansinghka has misled the court by recording false statements
on the issue of section 80-G of the IT Act despite having full
knowledge about the facts in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa - Statistical highlights