MP high court stays NBW against Sudhanshu Maharaj
Indore: Madhya Pradesh High Court`s Indore
Bench has stayed the execution of non-bailable warrant issued
against the noted saint, Sudhanshu Maharaj.
The execution of non-bailable warrant issued by a court
in Shajapur town was stayed by vacation judge, Justice
Subhda R Waghmare yesterday, Sudhanshu Maharaj`s advocate
Rajendra Singhvi told reporters here today.
The bench also ordered the lower court to send the record
of the proceedings to the high court in this regard and also
stayed the trial of the case till next hearing, he said.
An industrialist, Mahaveer Prasad Mansinghka has filed
a complaint in the local court in Shajapur alleging that
Sudhanshu Maharaj`s `Vishwa Jagriti Mission` to whom he had
donated Rs 53 lakh for getting relaxation under section 80-G
of the Income Tax Act was turned down by the department on the
ground that the Mission had no such facility.
The department also imposed a penalty on Mansinghka in
this regard following which he had filed a complaint in a
local court in Shajapur alleging that the Mission was
misleading the people on the issue.
Meanwhile, the Mission has issued an statement that
Mansinghka has misled the court by recording false statements
on the issue of section 80-G of the IT Act despite having full
knowledge about the facts in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees