MP high court stays NBW against Sudhanshu Maharaj
Indore: Madhya Pradesh High Court`s Indore
Bench has stayed the execution of non-bailable warrant issued
against the noted saint, Sudhanshu Maharaj.
The execution of non-bailable warrant issued by a court
in Shajapur town was stayed by vacation judge, Justice
Subhda R Waghmare yesterday, Sudhanshu Maharaj`s advocate
Rajendra Singhvi told reporters here today.
The bench also ordered the lower court to send the record
of the proceedings to the high court in this regard and also
stayed the trial of the case till next hearing, he said.
An industrialist, Mahaveer Prasad Mansinghka has filed
a complaint in the local court in Shajapur alleging that
Sudhanshu Maharaj`s `Vishwa Jagriti Mission` to whom he had
donated Rs 53 lakh for getting relaxation under section 80-G
of the Income Tax Act was turned down by the department on the
ground that the Mission had no such facility.
The department also imposed a penalty on Mansinghka in
this regard following which he had filed a complaint in a
local court in Shajapur alleging that the Mission was
misleading the people on the issue.
Meanwhile, the Mission has issued an statement that
Mansinghka has misled the court by recording false statements
on the issue of section 80-G of the IT Act despite having full
knowledge about the facts in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city