MP high court stays NBW against Sudhanshu Maharaj
Indore: Madhya Pradesh High Court`s Indore
Bench has stayed the execution of non-bailable warrant issued
against the noted saint, Sudhanshu Maharaj.
The execution of non-bailable warrant issued by a court
in Shajapur town was stayed by vacation judge, Justice
Subhda R Waghmare yesterday, Sudhanshu Maharaj`s advocate
Rajendra Singhvi told reporters here today.
The bench also ordered the lower court to send the record
of the proceedings to the high court in this regard and also
stayed the trial of the case till next hearing, he said.
An industrialist, Mahaveer Prasad Mansinghka has filed
a complaint in the local court in Shajapur alleging that
Sudhanshu Maharaj`s `Vishwa Jagriti Mission` to whom he had
donated Rs 53 lakh for getting relaxation under section 80-G
of the Income Tax Act was turned down by the department on the
ground that the Mission had no such facility.
The department also imposed a penalty on Mansinghka in
this regard following which he had filed a complaint in a
local court in Shajapur alleging that the Mission was
misleading the people on the issue.
Meanwhile, the Mission has issued an statement that
Mansinghka has misled the court by recording false statements
on the issue of section 80-G of the IT Act despite having full
knowledge about the facts in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another