MP IGP hails Kasab as role model for good training
Indore (MP): A top Madhya Pradesh cop Rajendra
Kumar raised a few eyebrows today when he hailed Ajmal Kasab,
the lone surviving Pakistani gunman involved in the Mumbai
terror attack, as a good role model for training with passion.
Addressing a training camp, Rajendra Kumar, Inspector
General of Police (Special Forces), cited the example of
21-year-old Kasab to buttress his point on importance of
undergoing training with passion.
"If you are trained well you
can do anything," he said. A total of 166 persons were killed
in the terror attack in November 2008.
"An example is the Pakistani terrorist Ajmal Kasab. He
just studied upto Class eight and had just one year training.
With this he could operate weapons and gadgets and GPS
He could do this because he had passion and he trained
very well. He could operate technology well because he trained
himself well," Rajendra said.
The top cop went on to say that "Kasab is only eighth
standard passed. Still he can use all sorts of weapons".
"He(Kasab) had the zeal in him. Can`t we have the same
like his. We are more educated than him, we are more able than
him," he added.
"Learn from Kasab how to handle weapons," Rajendra
Kumar, the IG of Special Armed Force (SAF), later said,
"If somebody feels bad, I really say sorry for that but the
thing is that I have cited other people like Sachin Tendulkar"
too while underlining the need for excellence.
Kumar denied that he had praised Kasab in his remarks
made while inaugurating a state-level shooting competition of
Madhya Pradesh police at Border Security Force`s Reoti Range
"I am not praising Kasab. I strongly condemn Kasab. He
should be given maximum punishment," he added.
"My only aim was to motivate jawans in the area of
shooting so that they can give a befitting reply to the
terrorists," he asserted.
"My point was that we should take better training
because ultimately we have to face this type of terrorist
situation(26/11) in future. Unless we are very well trained,
we cannot deal with them," he added.
The IG said besides Kasab he had given the example of
batting maestro Sachin Tendulkar for motivating the
participants. Kumar said both, Lord Ram and demon king Ravana,
are often quoted in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why