MP minister supports Kerala CM on Endosulfan ban
Bhopal: A Madhya Pradesh Minister has backed
Kerala Chief Minister Achutanandan`s demand for a countrywide
ban on pesticide Endosulfan.
Madhya Pradesh Minister for Agriculture Dr Ramkrishna
Kusmaria has also appealed to Union Agriculture Minister
Sharad Pawar to ban it across the country.
In a letter to the Kerala Chief Minister, Kusmaria has
thanked him for taking a `timely step` and urging the Centre
to ban the controversial pesticide in Kerala.
Achutanandan`s one-day fast is a strong gesture to convey
his concern, the letter says.
Kusumaria`s letter also requests the Centre to ban all
toxic chemicals used in farming, reminding that Madhya Pradesh
witnessed a disaster when a gas leak from pesticide-making
plant of Union Carbide killed thousands of people in Bhopal in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Just Awesome! WATCH KL Rahul score incredible ton against West Indies in just 46 balls
- Walking can cut cardiovascular death by half
- When Robert Vadra had verbal spat with BJP MLA Ganesh Joshi over police horse Shaktiman's death - ALL DETAILS HERE
- 'Those provoking youth in Kashmir for Jihaad have kept their children in safe havens'
- SEBI mulling relaxed norms for REITs, InvITs, startups listing