MP minister supports Kerala CM on Endosulfan ban
Bhopal: A Madhya Pradesh Minister has backed
Kerala Chief Minister Achutanandan`s demand for a countrywide
ban on pesticide Endosulfan.
Madhya Pradesh Minister for Agriculture Dr Ramkrishna
Kusmaria has also appealed to Union Agriculture Minister
Sharad Pawar to ban it across the country.
In a letter to the Kerala Chief Minister, Kusmaria has
thanked him for taking a `timely step` and urging the Centre
to ban the controversial pesticide in Kerala.
Achutanandan`s one-day fast is a strong gesture to convey
his concern, the letter says.
Kusumaria`s letter also requests the Centre to ban all
toxic chemicals used in farming, reminding that Madhya Pradesh
witnessed a disaster when a gas leak from pesticide-making
plant of Union Carbide killed thousands of people in Bhopal in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are avocados the best first foods for babies?
- `Rebel` Chinese village chief charged over bribes
- Vodafone income dips 3.4% to 1.57 billion pounds in June quarter
- Viral Video: Stranger forcefully kisses girl in public, no one comes to rescue - See reaction
- Gold price climbs by Rs 120 to Rs 30,770 per 10 grams