MP minister supports Kerala CM on Endosulfan ban
Bhopal: A Madhya Pradesh Minister has backed
Kerala Chief Minister Achutanandan`s demand for a countrywide
ban on pesticide Endosulfan.
Madhya Pradesh Minister for Agriculture Dr Ramkrishna
Kusmaria has also appealed to Union Agriculture Minister
Sharad Pawar to ban it across the country.
In a letter to the Kerala Chief Minister, Kusmaria has
thanked him for taking a `timely step` and urging the Centre
to ban the controversial pesticide in Kerala.
Achutanandan`s one-day fast is a strong gesture to convey
his concern, the letter says.
Kusumaria`s letter also requests the Centre to ban all
toxic chemicals used in farming, reminding that Madhya Pradesh
witnessed a disaster when a gas leak from pesticide-making
plant of Union Carbide killed thousands of people in Bhopal in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre