MP minister supports Kerala CM on Endosulfan ban
Bhopal: A Madhya Pradesh Minister has backed
Kerala Chief Minister Achutanandan`s demand for a countrywide
ban on pesticide Endosulfan.
Madhya Pradesh Minister for Agriculture Dr Ramkrishna
Kusmaria has also appealed to Union Agriculture Minister
Sharad Pawar to ban it across the country.
In a letter to the Kerala Chief Minister, Kusmaria has
thanked him for taking a `timely step` and urging the Centre
to ban the controversial pesticide in Kerala.
Achutanandan`s one-day fast is a strong gesture to convey
his concern, the letter says.
Kusumaria`s letter also requests the Centre to ban all
toxic chemicals used in farming, reminding that Madhya Pradesh
witnessed a disaster when a gas leak from pesticide-making
plant of Union Carbide killed thousands of people in Bhopal in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- APICET 2016 Results: (apicet.net.in) AP ICET Result 2016, AP Integrated Common Entrance Test Results declared
- PM Narendra Modi, Sonia Gandhi pay homage to Jawaharlal Nehru on 52nd death anniversary
- Gwyneth Paltrow, Chris Martin officially divorced
- Islamic State hit by 150 US-led air strikes near Syria`s Raqa: Monitor
- Veerappan movie review: Brilliant camerawork engages you