MP minister supports Kerala CM on Endosulfan ban
Bhopal: A Madhya Pradesh Minister has backed
Kerala Chief Minister Achutanandan`s demand for a countrywide
ban on pesticide Endosulfan.
Madhya Pradesh Minister for Agriculture Dr Ramkrishna
Kusmaria has also appealed to Union Agriculture Minister
Sharad Pawar to ban it across the country.
In a letter to the Kerala Chief Minister, Kusmaria has
thanked him for taking a `timely step` and urging the Centre
to ban the controversial pesticide in Kerala.
Achutanandan`s one-day fast is a strong gesture to convey
his concern, the letter says.
Kusumaria`s letter also requests the Centre to ban all
toxic chemicals used in farming, reminding that Madhya Pradesh
witnessed a disaster when a gas leak from pesticide-making
plant of Union Carbide killed thousands of people in Bhopal in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...