MP Naveen Jindal flies the French Rafael at Aero India show
Bangalore: An aviation enthusiast, Lok Sabha
MP Naveen Jindal today took to the skies as he co-piloted
Dassault`s Rafael fighter aircraft on the third day of the
Aero India 2011 show here.
Jindal, wearing a beige overall, took off on an over 40
minute sortie in the Rafael, one of the six bidders competing
for IAF`s 126 Medium Multi Role Combat Aircraft (MMRCA) deal.
The Executive Vice-Chairman and Managing Director of
Jindal Steel and Power Limited, on touching ground, described
it as an "amazing experience".
"It was like a rocket taking off. The thrust you feel is
amazing," he said.
Jindal said he did not experience any difficulty or
discomfort even during the manoeuvres as he has been on a
fighter aircraft before.
Tata Group Chairman, Ratan Tata flew Boeing`s Super
Hornet F-18 yesterday during the show while US Ambassador to
India Timothy Roemer flew US Lockheed Martin`s F-16 the first
Bollywood actor Shahid Kapoor is also expected to take to
the skies tomorrow as part of a promotional campaign for his
forthcoming film `Mausam`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Congress comes out with scathing 'report card' on PM Narendra Modi's 1yr rule