MP Naveen Jindal flies the French Rafael at Aero India show
Bangalore: An aviation enthusiast, Lok Sabha
MP Naveen Jindal today took to the skies as he co-piloted
Dassault`s Rafael fighter aircraft on the third day of the
Aero India 2011 show here.
Jindal, wearing a beige overall, took off on an over 40
minute sortie in the Rafael, one of the six bidders competing
for IAF`s 126 Medium Multi Role Combat Aircraft (MMRCA) deal.
The Executive Vice-Chairman and Managing Director of
Jindal Steel and Power Limited, on touching ground, described
it as an "amazing experience".
"It was like a rocket taking off. The thrust you feel is
amazing," he said.
Jindal said he did not experience any difficulty or
discomfort even during the manoeuvres as he has been on a
fighter aircraft before.
Tata Group Chairman, Ratan Tata flew Boeing`s Super
Hornet F-18 yesterday during the show while US Ambassador to
India Timothy Roemer flew US Lockheed Martin`s F-16 the first
Bollywood actor Shahid Kapoor is also expected to take to
the skies tomorrow as part of a promotional campaign for his
forthcoming film `Mausam`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees