MP Naveen Jindal flies the French Rafael at Aero India show
Bangalore: An aviation enthusiast, Lok Sabha
MP Naveen Jindal today took to the skies as he co-piloted
Dassault`s Rafael fighter aircraft on the third day of the
Aero India 2011 show here.
Jindal, wearing a beige overall, took off on an over 40
minute sortie in the Rafael, one of the six bidders competing
for IAF`s 126 Medium Multi Role Combat Aircraft (MMRCA) deal.
The Executive Vice-Chairman and Managing Director of
Jindal Steel and Power Limited, on touching ground, described
it as an "amazing experience".
"It was like a rocket taking off. The thrust you feel is
amazing," he said.
Jindal said he did not experience any difficulty or
discomfort even during the manoeuvres as he has been on a
fighter aircraft before.
Tata Group Chairman, Ratan Tata flew Boeing`s Super
Hornet F-18 yesterday during the show while US Ambassador to
India Timothy Roemer flew US Lockheed Martin`s F-16 the first
Bollywood actor Shahid Kapoor is also expected to take to
the skies tomorrow as part of a promotional campaign for his
forthcoming film `Mausam`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand