MP Naveen Jindal flies the French Rafael at Aero India show
Bangalore: An aviation enthusiast, Lok Sabha
MP Naveen Jindal today took to the skies as he co-piloted
Dassault`s Rafael fighter aircraft on the third day of the
Aero India 2011 show here.
Jindal, wearing a beige overall, took off on an over 40
minute sortie in the Rafael, one of the six bidders competing
for IAF`s 126 Medium Multi Role Combat Aircraft (MMRCA) deal.
The Executive Vice-Chairman and Managing Director of
Jindal Steel and Power Limited, on touching ground, described
it as an "amazing experience".
"It was like a rocket taking off. The thrust you feel is
amazing," he said.
Jindal said he did not experience any difficulty or
discomfort even during the manoeuvres as he has been on a
fighter aircraft before.
Tata Group Chairman, Ratan Tata flew Boeing`s Super
Hornet F-18 yesterday during the show while US Ambassador to
India Timothy Roemer flew US Lockheed Martin`s F-16 the first
Bollywood actor Shahid Kapoor is also expected to take to
the skies tomorrow as part of a promotional campaign for his
forthcoming film `Mausam`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country