MP Naveen Jindal flies the French Rafael at Aero India show
Bangalore: An aviation enthusiast, Lok Sabha
MP Naveen Jindal today took to the skies as he co-piloted
Dassault`s Rafael fighter aircraft on the third day of the
Aero India 2011 show here.
Jindal, wearing a beige overall, took off on an over 40
minute sortie in the Rafael, one of the six bidders competing
for IAF`s 126 Medium Multi Role Combat Aircraft (MMRCA) deal.
The Executive Vice-Chairman and Managing Director of
Jindal Steel and Power Limited, on touching ground, described
it as an "amazing experience".
"It was like a rocket taking off. The thrust you feel is
amazing," he said.
Jindal said he did not experience any difficulty or
discomfort even during the manoeuvres as he has been on a
fighter aircraft before.
Tata Group Chairman, Ratan Tata flew Boeing`s Super
Hornet F-18 yesterday during the show while US Ambassador to
India Timothy Roemer flew US Lockheed Martin`s F-16 the first
Bollywood actor Shahid Kapoor is also expected to take to
the skies tomorrow as part of a promotional campaign for his
forthcoming film `Mausam`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Mayawati-Dayashankar Singh row: BJP women leaders to protest in Lucknow against BSP today
- Delhi Police arrests DP Yadav in connection with betting racket
- Sushma Swaraj to make last ditch effort to save Indian facing execution in Indonesia today
- Watch: Jeff Williams shares wide view of Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming from space!
- 1st Test, Day 3: Sri Lanka vs Australia - As it happened...